• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Picture Question
02-17-2021, 04:26 AM,
Picture Question
Hello All, 

When you exit CS you get a random picture. 

The picture I have a question on is the one with 3 US and 4 Japanese soldiers standing around a gun in a gun emplacement pit.  No one is armed.  2 of the US soldiers have canteens.  

I suspect it is a late war photo and that the Japanese are the POWs here. 

Does anyone know any additional information about this picture?

Stay safe, 

Erik
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2021, 05:48 AM,
RE: Picture Question
(02-17-2021, 04:26 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: Hello All, 

When you exit CS you get a random picture. 

The picture I have a question on is the one with 3 US and 4 Japanese soldiers standing around a gun in a gun emplacement pit.  No one is armed.  2 of the US soldiers have canteens.  

I suspect it is a late war photo and that the Japanese are the POWs here. 

Does anyone know any additional information about this picture?

Stay safe, 

Erik

Erik, it would help if you could find the picture you're referring to in the game folders and give me the name of the image and the folder it's in. There are ways you can "reverse search" an image online to get more info on it, like where/when it was taken and other sites that use it. Doesn't always work, but you'd be amazed how often it does.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-17-2021, 11:43 AM,
I found it! More information about that interesting picture than you can imagine. Even the names of the guys, including the Japanese. Also, a picture of the same guy in 1975 at the same gun!

http://www.missingaircrew.com/japanese/kawanabe.asp
02-17-2021, 12:52 PM,
(02-17-2021, 11:43 AM)Tankertony Wrote: I found it! More information about that interesting picture than you can imagine. Even the names of the guys, including the Japanese. Also, a picture of the same guy in 1975 at the same gun!

http://www.missingaircrew.com/japanese/kawanabe.asp

Nice! That's really fascinating.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-18-2021, 11:00 AM,
Brilliant! 

Thanks Tankertony