• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TRUDGE FOR TURDA - GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
02-16-2021, 11:48 AM,
TRUDGE FOR TURDA - GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
A topic for general discussions regarding the campaign.
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2021, 04:55 AM,
RE: TRUDGE FOR TURDA - GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
Axis forces has been published. If anyone sees anything that should not be there, please let me know.
Allied force should appear tomorrow if everything goes fine.
02-19-2021, 08:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 08:20 AM by SaSTrooP.)
Allright, All the Allies are deployed.

BEFORE YOU PANIC WHILE SCROLLING THROUGH THIS TONS OF TROOPS, REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:
  • Not all units must actually fight, they just must be deployed on operational map. Some might not get comitted throughout the entire campaign;
  • Most units are based on rigid organizations - understanding one unit structure allows to understand all similar ones, you do not have to overanalyze every single move on operational map. For example, each Soviet Rifle Regiment is pretty much the same with minor gear changes, but not the gear amount. Getting the structure of one allows to do the rest automatically;
  • All units will be visualised on the operational map, I will also announce that some units entered the map (if they arrive late), operational map will be your friend, detailed gear list is only used for setting up the scenarios - what also might fall totally on me;
  • While scrolling through the lists, bigger unit on the list is visualised with an emblem (like divisions for example), each regiment or independent battalion in bold, each standard battalion (and sometimes independent company) underlined for clarity. Remember, SPWW2 max battle size (500 units) limits you, but in most cases, unless unit is very specific one, you should aim at regimental battles. Generally line regiments will be the key carriers of combat;

Now, some statistics:
  • Axis Armies: 1
  • Axis Corps: 2
  • Axis Tank Divisions: 2
  • Axis Elite Divisions: 1
  • Axis Line Divisions: 1
  • Axis Reserve Divisions: 2
  • Axis Indep. Brigades: 2
  • Allied Armies: 3
  • Allied Corps (excluding Tank Corps): 4
  • Allied Tank Corps (roughly equivalent to a division): 2
  • Allied Elite Divisions: 4 (including artillery division)
  • Allied Line Divisions: 5
  • Allied Reserve Divisions: 1
  • Allied Indep. Brigades: 1

Generally, Allies command roughly about ~13 divisions in force, while Axis about ~7 of such.

For Axis players, tactical skill is prefered, while for Allies - operational one.
So, lets divide sides, read up the armies and situation and pick your preffered one.
02-22-2021, 08:31 AM,
OK, I am waiting 2 days from now for preffered side dispositions, after that I will assign players randomly and myself pick a side that has less players.

Muszynianka - Axis
IfSaunders - ???
Ratel - ???
Kritkeen - ???
PrzemoC - ???
SaSTrooP - last to pick
02-23-2021, 02:30 AM,
I would prefer anything on Axis side. But if it is preferred more than needed by others, I'm happy to switch to Allies.
02-26-2021, 06:55 AM,
OK, since no other direct requests for side, here we go:

AXIS:
1) Muszynianka
2) Kritkeen
3) PrzemoC

ALLIES:
1) Ratel
2) IfSaunders
3) SaSTrooP (I still remain for a swich should number of players change)

Confirm the lists everyone, Axis is ready to go in their subforums, Allies are nearly ready, their operational map is still in construction.
After one confirms, I will provide you with subforums password via Private Message.
02-26-2021, 07:03 AM,
Read and confirmed.
02-27-2021, 06:15 AM,
(02-26-2021, 06:55 AM)SaSTrooP Wrote: OK, since no other direct requests for side, here we go:

AXIS:
1) Muszynianka
2) Kritkeen
3) PrzemoC

ALLIES:
1) Ratel
2) IfSaunders
3) SaSTrooP (I still remain for a swich should number of players change)

Confirm the lists everyone, Axis is ready to go in their subforums, Allies are nearly ready, their operational map is still in construction.
After one confirms, I will provide you with subforums password via Private Message.

Confirm
02-28-2021, 04:19 AM,
(02-26-2021, 06:55 AM)SaSTrooP Wrote: (...)

I confirm and I agree.
02-28-2021, 07:05 AM,
Looks good to me.