• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphics help
02-10-2021, 06:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2021, 08:18 PM by CountryBoy.)
Graphics help
Hopefully somebody can help me out.

I installed Bulge 44 and updated it to 2.02, the newest update. However, I have decided I'm not ready for the new graphics so I wanted to go back the Gold graphics PLUS Jison's Map Mod. 

I copied the Legacy Gold Graphics in to the Map folder and then extracted Map Mod into the Map folder. Now, 2D zoomed in shows me the Legacy Gold graphics while 2D Normal View shows Jison's Map Mod. How do I get the 2D Magnified View to show Jison's Map Mod?
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2021, 02:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 04:51 AM by monkie.)
RE: Graphics help
It gets confusing really fast when trying to mix and match mods, always make a full backup of whatever graphics folder you are modding in so you can just start over which is what you will need to do.

Instead of just extracting his map mod in, I would extract it into another folder inside of the folder you are wanting to modify. Then you can go file by file and see what exactly Jison's mod is changing.

Off the top of my head and I might be way off on this but I don't think Jisons mod is meant to work with the new "magnified" 2d view. If that is the case and he hasn't included a "2DSymbolsMag" file that would explain why you are not seeing it.

POSSIBLY, you could rename his map file to "2DSymbolsMag" and see how the game works with it and if it helps. But always backup before doing any modding, the file sizes are so small in the graphics folders so its very practical.
02-11-2021, 05:20 AM,
Thanks Monkie I'll give that a go.
02-11-2021, 06:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 11:02 AM by bigus.)
(02-10-2021, 06:52 PM)CountryBoy Wrote: Hopefully somebody can help me out.

I installed Bulge 44 and updated it to 2.02, the newest update. However, I have decided I'm not ready for the new graphics so I wanted to go back the Gold graphics PLUS Jison's Map Mod. 

I copied the Legacy Gold Graphics in to the Map folder and then extracted Map Mod into the Map folder. Now, 2D zoomed in shows me the Legacy Gold graphics while 2D Normal View shows Jison's Map Mod. How do I get the 2D Magnified View to show Jison's Map Mod?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imyi00ehtj2u7l...l.zip?dl=0

Here is a small tutorial on how to make a 200 file from the 100 file.
It's based on my Mod but should work with any file.
02-11-2021, 07:18 AM,
Best to use JSGME mod swapper, then just need a mods folder you can swap in and out with this easy to use proggy!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
02-11-2021, 10:19 AM,
Sorry I think I messed up as far as the symbols mag file, disregard my advice and follow what Bigus has shown. The symbols file is in regards to the actual counters and fortifications on the map etc.

I'm sure somebody knows the answer for sure but I don't think Jison has updated his maps for the new higher resolution. Expanding the lower resolution map graphics is the only way to go until they are updated.