• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Contrast issues with new graphics
04-19-2021, 10:21 PM,
RE: Contrast issues with new graphics
The hex outlines gives you a feeling of Steel Panthers. The shading really works for me except the reddish needs to be a little darker. Other than that, I don't have a problem. Sometimes, I have to look a bit harder to get by that part. I'm sure it will be tweaked a little in the future at some point.
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2021, 10:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 11:00 PM by Deturk.)
Does anyone have a mod for the Rivers and Streams?  In the old graphics you could make out the differences between Rivers and Streams as the streams were smaller than the Rivers not the same size, the color is so close you have to check the hex info to confirm if it is a River or Stream.
04-20-2021, 12:02 AM,
(04-19-2021, 10:21 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: The hex outlines gives you a feeling of Steel Panthers.

It also means a different approach. The shading is a negative filter as it marks (blocks from view) non-allowed actions, while the highlighting focuses on the allowed ones.

I personally prefer shading, but ideally implemented as a semitransparent overlay to avoid potential artifacts created by checkerboard pixel patterns.
04-29-2021, 08:59 AM,
The shading visibility s greatly dependent upon the monitor. On my main monitor, I couldn't see the shading at all. When I ran the game on my secondary screen, it was almost too dark.

I edited the pixel color from the original (black, iirc) to a purple color that works well on both screens. It's a 10 minute job to change all the files with an editor