• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Road Stacking
01-27-2021, 02:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 02:54 PM by Lethal.)
Road Stacking
I presume this is an old chestnut but thought I would raise the flag again!

Image from Kharkov 42

.jpg   roadstack.jpg (Size: 402.49 KB / Downloads: 20)

Parameter Road 400

All units arrived during the turn in transport mode.

Secondary Road

The rule seems to suggest that only 400 men equivalent can be in transport mode in a road hex.

I note the road over-stack highlight.  

It seems that this is allowed.  Is there a penalty for road over-stack?
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2021, 02:50 PM,
RE: Road Stacking
(01-27-2021, 02:38 PM)Lethal Wrote: I presume this is an old chestnut but thought I would raise the flag again!

Image from Kharkov 42

Parameter Road 400

All units arrived during the turn in transport mode.

Secondary Road

I'm not certain I understand the question?

Essentially, road movement rates only apply if the units in a hex are at or under the road stacking limit. The hex you are showing clearly exceeds 400 men.

If a stack was below the limit and moved into a hex with other units that then exceeded the limit then normal movement costs apply.

Does that answer the question?

David
01-27-2021, 02:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2021, 03:01 PM by Lethal.)
RE: Road Stacking
Hi David,

Ok, I think I understand now.  My initial impression was that only 400 men equiv points could occupy a hex in transport mode at one time.  Hence my question about over-stack.

So, the first 400 points can move into an eligible hex at transport cost.  Thereafter, other units can move into the hex at normal movement rate up to the maximum stacking value.

Thx