• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Empire Deluxe 1993
01-26-2021, 08:02 AM,
Help  Empire Deluxe 1993
Years ago in the old Leadeaters club Empire Deluxe was widely played.

Today I spend $ playing World of Tanks, Civ6 but I miss the simplicity and satisfaction of playing that well constructed game.

Do not be confused with bogus Steam edition of Empire Deluxe. Or the Killerbee version either.

Steam version only connection is the opening screen. Killerbee version is missing many elements of the original including not being able to adjust combat and production handicaps correctly . And none of the 50 or so well designed scenarios.

As it was originally a dos game someone at the club forwarded a windows update that worked well for its time. EmpW.

Is there anyone that has any idea on how I can run the EmpW version ? My friend says to buy and old PC with XP or older OS.

Cheers,
Smengi
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2021, 10:03 PM,
RE: Empire Deluxe 1993
I did have this up and running long ago I seem to remember it was quite involved. I think Dos box may be your answer not sure exactly but it runs old dos programs on windows machines. I remember downloading the empire deluxe from abandonwarre and then messing in dos box to get it running. I remember the nostalgia didn't last long. Though Empire deluxe was in it's day the biggest time eater of any game I can remember the big earth map as the U.S was one of my absolute favourites with the computer given the advantages of course. It was updated I think a new edition somewhere but that was never as good.
Quote this message in a reply