• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CSME alt scenarios
01-26-2021, 04:08 AM,
CSME alt scenarios
I recently purchased again CS ME, the version I had was too old and I am liking the new interface and looks. Presently I am PBEM playing a scenario with a friend and I am enjoying it a lot.
Yet something caught me unaware: some of the "alt" scenarios use a different weapons database. To be precise, all tanks, whatever their model, have an effective range of one hex, while missiles keep their original range, like Saggers, with 2 hexes. I have noticed that the respective tank Hard hit and Defence values have been altered in many cases as well and all that added brings the need of a different tactical approach.
I am not arguing here about the convenience or not of any of the database employed, but I didn't find any warning or explanation about that changes either in the scenario information or in the .text file informing of the numerous version changes (in my particular case I am playing v2.01).
Perhaps I missed something, I don't know.
best,
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2021, 04:30 AM,
RE: CSME alt scenarios
Hi Panta, welcome to the blitz!

Are you sure we are talking about Campaign Series Middle East and not Panzer Campaigns Middle East?

In Campaign Series Middle East (CSME) all of my tanks have ranges from 8 to 20 hexes against a scale of 250 meters for one hex. Saggar AT missile have a range in most cases the same or a little less.

It sounds like with a range or 1 or 2 your playing John Tiller's Panzer Campaigns and not Campaign Series Middle East. Also in CSME there are no alt scenarios that I know of?

If you could post a screenshot it would be helpful.

Regards,
John
01-26-2021, 11:59 AM,
Sorry if I messed up the game's names. Actually I am referring to Tillers' Modern Campaigns Middle East 67, v2.01.
I also have the second one, CS Middle East, though I have played it just a little and have nothing to say about, it looks thoroughly done.
Perhaps I should change of forum, sorry, though I registered a long time ago I didn't visit you since and I still am a little bit disoriented...
best
01-26-2021, 09:13 PM,
No problem Panta, thanks for the reply. Might be best then to repost your original comment at the Panzer Campaigns forum.

I have Tiller's Modern Campaigns Middle East'67 but haven't got into it to much, so I'm afraid I'll be of little help with your question/observation.

Good Luck!

Regards,
John Smile
01-28-2021, 08:43 AM,
Cпасибо большой иван! (thank you, big Ivan!),
I've already done precisely that.
Best,
P.