• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Could Panzer Battles Do Entire Market Garden?
04-18-2022, 01:00 PM,
RE: Could Panzer Battles Do Entire Market Garden?
TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG FROM INTERESTED FAN X WHERE IS RPT WHERE IS PANZER BATTLES MARKET GARDEN RR THE WORLD WONDERS
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2022, 03:04 PM,
(04-18-2022, 01:00 PM)Elxaime Wrote: TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG FROM INTERESTED FAN X WHERE IS RPT WHERE IS PANZER BATTLES MARKET GARDEN RR THE WORLD WONDERS

In a queue!!  Helmet Wink
04-18-2022, 10:56 PM,
We put a man on the moon in the 60s, a full M-G can be done! :) As far as a long replay, it can either go with fast ai processing or go with some sort of messaging. Commanders don't know everything when it happens.
04-29-2022, 12:43 AM,
(01-28-2021, 04:43 AM)Elxaime Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 10:52 AM)Strela Wrote: Well as one of the developers all I can say is the following:

• Market-Garden is the perfect scale for Panzer Battles
  • We have the brand new OOB from Mike Prucha's PzC Scheldt version
  • We have many of the units broken out in PzB format in PzB Normandy. There was some equipment changes but the unit organisation did not change markedly.
  • We have source maps at the right scale.
  • We have the source code for Panzer Campaigns and that may lead to the inclusion of items like replacements etc. I am seeing a need for these in Moscow and could have used them in Normandy in a scenario like Operation Bluecoat. That said, there were not replacements per se, but rather recovery of stragglers etc.
So do we have the information, yes. Do we have the interest, yes. Do we have the time, debatable currently!

One final point, it would have to be the whole battle covered. There is actually not a whole lot of troops on either side ( a corps or two each), so this would be more compact than some of the work done previously...

David

Thanks, this sounds hopeful.  The reason I brought this up is because Market Garden offers such a variety of operations, elite forces, and both sides get to attack and defend.  A Panzer Battles at the scale of the entire operation would probably need a lot of tender loving care, since you have a lot of important little details about mined bridges, ferries, cross-river amphibious attacks, resistance groups, the West Wall fortifications, rail movement, weather and terrain effects, as well as potential strategies for follow up airdrops and reinforcements.  The scale of Panzer Campaigns works, but a battle like this really would be amazing at a smaller scale, as you could really tweak the details and it would be a work of art as well as really fun to play.  I am in a PBEM of the Scheldt 44' Market Garden and it has been a blast, with lots of twists and turns in initiative and room for player decision making. A new Panzer Battles Market Garden of course would also have a ton of smaller scenarios, but the main event would be the centerpiece.

I agree with this. There are a lot of interesting situations, small battles, etc. in Market Garden that I think would do well in PB format. So to me, not only is the campaign on its own interesting, but the fighting itself and the units involve are interesting too.

I am trying to learn how to play PB.  I am not very good at this point.
04-30-2022, 11:01 PM,
Jim,

Persevere with PzB. It’s a great system and once you understand ranged fire and the nuance of each unit type it’s a blast. I have had to put more love, care and research into each PzB title than all the PzC titles I had done beforehand.

David
12-04-2022, 11:30 AM,
(04-18-2022, 03:04 PM)Strela Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 01:00 PM)Elxaime Wrote: TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG FROM INTERESTED FAN X WHERE IS RPT WHERE IS PANZER BATTLES MARKET GARDEN RR THE WORLD WONDERS

In a queue!!  Helmet Wink

Has it moved up in the queue?   Whip
04-10-2023, 03:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2023, 03:27 AM by Elxaime.)
Now that the updates are done, time to revive this thread! 

I know this is eight days late, but here goes:

APRIL 1, 2023

WDS is pleased to announce our next title in the Panzer Battles series!  This time we take you to the fields and towns of Belgium and the Netherlands to revisit one of histories' most famous battles - Operation Market Garden!  Fueled by extensive research building off our previous titles, we have developed one of the most accurate orders of battle ever for this crucial campaign.  The Allied troops include not only the armored, airborne and glider forces, but also a fascinating variety of specialized units, such as Dutch resistance.  The Germans have their own elite, led by the battered but still potent Waffen SS troops, alongside fallschirmjaegers, cobbled together battlegroups, and alarm units thrown into the fight.  We also believe the map is one of the most accurate we have published to date.  The title includes 86 scenarios, ranging from the airborne operations to take and hold key bridges, to the massive opening attacks by British XXX Corps.  Topping it all is the campaign scenario for the truly committed, which includes many fascinating historical options and strategies, ensuring that no playthrough is ever the same.
04-10-2023, 10:53 AM,
I like this idea.
Serve the people!