• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Deception Units Bulge 44
01-15-2021, 05:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2021, 03:05 AM by Plain Ian.)
Deception Units Bulge 44
My playing partner asked me about the Deception units in Bulge 44. I checked them out properly and was happy with the effects side but a bit unsure about the detection side. Specifically when the rules say "Deception Radius of its side" does it mean the enemies Deception Radius?

[Image: Wrong.png]

So in Bulge this means

[Image: 2021-01-14_18h44_22.png]

Which means the German Einheit Steilau can only be detected if they are in the same hex as the allied unit.
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2021, 06:11 AM,
RE: Deception Units Bulge 44
Ian,

The manual says;

"For a Deception Unit to be detected, it must be within the Deception Radius of its side of one or more enemy units."

The wording is not ideal but it means the side of the Deception unit, not the side attempting to detect it. In your example, that means a radius of 5 hexes.

John
01-16-2021, 03:08 AM,
RE: Deception Units Bulge 44
(01-15-2021, 06:11 AM)Green Wrote: Ian,

The manual says;

"For a Deception Unit to be detected, it must be within the Deception Radius of its side of one or more enemy units."

The wording is not ideal but it means the side of the Deception unit, not the side attempting to detect it. In your example, that means a radius of 5 hexes.

John

Thanks for the quick answer. So for German Deception units in Bulge its -

[Image: coorect1.png]

[Image: correct.png]

Picture in first post fixed. 

Thanks John.