• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SPWW2 and SPMBT scenario lists sorted for ease of access
01-04-2021, 11:20 AM,
News  SPWW2 and SPMBT scenario lists sorted for ease of access
In an effort to make it easier for me to find just the right scenario to play, I used the ScenarioHack programs from SPWW2 and SPMBT to sort the scenario lists in different ways. I have attached four files with my results.

First I sorted by Mission, Turns and Year. This makes it easy to find all the scenarios with a specific mission and number of turns, for instance: Meeting Engagements or Advance or Assault with 15 turns. There's a file for both SPWW2 and SPMBT.

Next I sorted for Year, Mission and Turns. This makes it easy to find all the scenarios for a specific year (say 1958) and mission (say Meeting Engagement). There's a file for both SPWW2 and SPMBT.

There are obviously other ways to slice and dice the scenario list. In case you want to try it yourself, here are the two SQL statements I used to create my sorted lists.

A warning, SQL programming is not easy. The syntax is obscure. Copy the Select statement below into a plain text editor like Notepad (DON'T use MS Word or similar). Make your changes then copy the Select statement into the SQL tab in the ScenarioHack program. Keep in mind, if it doesn't work for you, I'm not interested in fixing it.

*** by year, mission, scennum, turns

select scendata.syear as year, scendata.mission, scendata.mistyp, scendata.title, sdata.scennum, scendata.turns, 
sdata.nation, sdata.player, count(sdata.uname) as unitcount
from sdata sdata
left join scendata scendata on sdata.scennum = scendata.scenid
group by sdata.scennum, scendata.mission, scendata.mistyp, scendata.turns, scendata.title, scendata.syear, sdata.nation, sdata.player
order by scendata.syear ASC, scendata.mistyp ASC, sdata.scennum ASC, scendata.turns ASC, sdata.player ASC

*** by mission, turns, year, scennum

select scendata.mission, scendata.mistyp, scendata.turns, scendata.syear, scendata.title, sdata.scennum,
sdata.nation, sdata.player, count(sdata.uname) as unitcount
from sdata sdata
left join scendata scendata on sdata.scennum = scendata.scenid
group by sdata.scennum, scendata.mission, scendata.mistyp, scendata.turns, scendata.title, scendata.syear, sdata.nation, sdata.player
order by scendata.mistyp ASC, scendata.turns ASC,  scendata.syear ASC, sdata.scennum ASC, sdata.player ASC

Attached Files
.pdf   SPMBTScenariosSortedByMissionTurnsYearScenarioNum.pdf (Size: 329.32 KB / Downloads: 40)
.pdf   SPMBTScenariosSortedByYearMissionScenarioNumTurns.pdf (Size: 327.02 KB / Downloads: 26)
.pdf   SPWW2ScenariosSortedByMissionTurnsYearScenarioNum.pdf (Size: 643.63 KB / Downloads: 24)
.pdf   SPWW2ScenariosSortedByYearMissionScenarioNumTurns.pdf (Size: 348.39 KB / Downloads: 28)
Larry
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2021, 11:35 AM,
RE: SPWW2 and SPMBT scenario lists sorted for ease of access
Thanks For Sharing!

Thumbs Up
Quote this message in a reply