• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hello and thanks for keeping this series alive
01-01-2021, 07:25 AM,
Hello and thanks for keeping this series alive
Hi all, just wanted to make a post to say hello and thank you all that keep this series alive. I’ve looked at it for years and only this week finally bought into it, getting Winter War, Falklands, Tour of Duty, and Pacific War in the JTS winter sale. While I have little play time and will be starting against the much maligned AI, I do hope to get into PBEM in the near-ish future and I’m so happy to see you all here to play with.

Of course, only after I bought did I find this resource and realize that I should’ve bought Advance of the Reich (which I so nearly did anyways, but got a PzC, EAW, and Napoleon game instead). It’s definitely the next one to get. I’ve already downloaded every scenario and mod I can find for each release so I’ll have them when I get the games (The Long War felt like chasing a ghost trying to find a download once I read about it over at the Echo 4 scenario depot).

So thanks to all of you that play the series and have kept it alive long enough for me to finally start it, and an extra thanks to those few I’ve seen across the sites putting in such passion providing life-blood content. I was disappointed to hear in the recent Wargames Design Studio interview that the SB series is a poor seller and thus isn’t getting much attention for improvements like the other JTS series - but I tried to do my part this sale!
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2021, 10:25 AM,
RE: Hello and thanks for keeping this series alive
(01-01-2021, 07:25 AM)Cashew Wrote: Hi all, just wanted to make a post to say hello and thank you all that keep this series alive. I’ve looked at it for years and only this week finally bought into it, getting Winter War, Falklands, Tour of Duty, and Pacific War in the JTS winter sale. While I have little play time and will be starting against the much maligned AI, I do hope to get into PBEM in the near-ish future and I’m so happy to see you all here to play with.

Of course, only after I bought did I find this resource and realize that I should’ve bought Advance of the Reich (which I so nearly did anyways, but got a PzC, EAW, and Napoleon game instead). It’s definitely the next one to get. I’ve already downloaded every scenario and mod I can find for each release so I’ll have them when I get the games (The Long War felt like chasing a ghost trying to find a download once I read about it over at the Echo 4 scenario depot).

So thanks to all of you that play the series and have kept it alive long enough for me to finally start it, and an extra thanks to those few I’ve seen across the sites putting in such passion providing life-blood content. I was disappointed to hear in the recent Wargames Design Studio interview that the SB series is a poor seller and thus isn’t getting much attention for improvements like the other JTS series - but I tried to do my part this sale!

Thank you for your support!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-02-2021, 08:53 PM,
RE: Hello and thanks for keeping this series alive
Hi Cashew, welcome to the board.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I