• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW UPDATES
01-15-2021, 12:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2021, 12:41 AM by Nico165.)
RE: NEW UPDATES
(01-14-2021, 10:36 PM)Strela Wrote: As far as Modern Campaigns, yes they are on the list. I am focused on PzC currently doing the East and West front first. The desert will be last. We are working through them (roughly) alphabetically and the next three titles to be patched all start with ‘M’.

Both Moscow and... Mormandy ? (What else not already updated start with 'M' ?)
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2021, 12:45 AM,
(01-15-2021, 12:41 AM)Nico165 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:36 PM)Strela Wrote: As far as Modern Campaigns, yes they are on the list. I am focused on PzC currently doing the East and West front first. The desert will be last. We are working through them (roughly) alphabetically and the next three titles to be patched all start with ‘M’.

Both Moscow and... Mormandy ? (What else not already updated start with 'M' ?)

Mius
01-15-2021, 03:07 AM,
(01-14-2021, 10:36 PM)Strela Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:17 PM)typhoon Wrote: Must admit I was never a big fan of the graphics in the Gold updates even though I think the updates themselves added whole new life to these fantastic games. Having said that with the latest round of updates the Map graphics and shading have reached a whole new level really impressed. I have now updated Minsk and Korsun to continue playing my PBEM matches and the maps blow me away with their clarity. And all for free simply the best thank you.

Typhoon,

Really happy you like the new look. Getting more pixels (i.e. high resolution), makes all the difference. Graphics really are in the eye of the beholder, so many will like the old vs the new. A lot of the inspiration for the new came from the more recent board game releases. There are some beautiful graphics being used these days.

As far as Modern Campaigns, yes they are on the list. I am focused on PzC currently doing the East and West front first. The desert will be last. We are working through them (roughly) alphabetically and the next three titles to be patched all start with ‘M’.

David
Does Salerno 43 count as Western Front or desert? Where in the pecking order is France 40? Got it in the sale and want to get started with the pretty stuff.
01-15-2021, 06:35 AM,
New guy here (though not new to wargames) -

I hope the new 2D graphics engine gives these games a real boost in new-comers like myself. For years I was put off JTS games by the graphics. Being happy with hexes and counters means things don't have to be too flash, but even so - this new incarnation looks a lot clearer to my aging eyes.

I picked up Kharkov '42 when I saw the improvements, after trying out Mius.

The fact that Mius is free is a very savvy move and I think that if it gets updated too, this will help get more wargamers on board. Excellent that WDS is updating all these games for free.

Question: will the FWWC games get the gold/2D engine updates, and if so what time frame?
01-15-2021, 07:43 AM,
I am one of the people who do not like the new map graphics. there are some things about the update that i do like so I have figured out how to get what I want displayed. I use the Gold maps but the Hi-Res secondary roads, railroads and 2d symbols. Works great.
01-15-2021, 08:03 AM,
(01-15-2021, 06:35 AM)LordFowl Wrote: New guy here (though not new to wargames) -

Question: will the FWWC games get the gold/2D engine updates, and if so what time frame?

Welcome, always great to see new members.

As far as I know there are no plans to update the FWWC graphics at this time.
01-15-2021, 10:02 AM,
(01-15-2021, 08:03 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 06:35 AM)LordFowl Wrote: New guy here (though not new to wargames) -

As far as I know there are no plans to update the FWWC graphics at this time.

I believe Jison is aware of the higher resolution. I’m certain he will utilise it when he has time.

David
01-15-2021, 10:05 AM,
Salerno is Western Front.

For France ‘40, Mike Prucha is actually adjusting a number of scenarios based on feedback, additional research and some of the new rules. No confirmation on when that will be ready, but we have the graphical update done.

David
01-15-2021, 02:38 PM,
(01-15-2021, 10:02 AM)Strela Wrote: I believe Jison is aware of the higher resolution. I’m certain he will utilise it when he has time.

Thanks David !

(01-15-2021, 07:43 AM)Bioman Wrote: I am one of the people who do not like the new map graphics. there are some things about the update that i do like so I have figured out how to get what I want displayed. I use the Gold maps but the Hi-Res secondary roads, railroads and 2d symbols. Works great.

It's good to have options. Mostly for me it's the unit counters that matter, being a past cardboard pusher I like plain old-fashioned nato symbols, hopefully of a clear resolution. 

(01-15-2021, 08:03 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:

thanks!
01-16-2021, 02:13 AM,
(01-15-2021, 10:05 AM)Strela Wrote: Salerno is Western Front.

For France ‘40, Mike Prucha is actually adjusting a number of scenarios based on feedback, additional research and some of the new rules. No confirmation on when that will be ready, but we have the graphical update done.

David

Great with Salerno getting the new treatment soon. FYI it is listed under Mediterranean in the JTS Store with the desert games.

Well, updated scenarios to make them better is always a good thing. Makes waiting for it easier.