• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW UPDATES
02-01-2021, 03:35 PM,
RE: NEW UPDATES
(02-01-2021, 03:13 PM)Liebchen Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 01:39 AM)LynchMob Wrote: The New M round panzer campaigns updates are out today.   Thank you for all your hard work.  Are you able to hint on the next round of updates?

Link?

They are on the Updates page of the JTS website. Here is the link;

https://www.johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2021, 03:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 03:40 PM by LordFowl.)
(02-01-2021, 03:13 PM)Liebchen Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 01:39 AM)LynchMob Wrote: The New M round panzer campaigns updates are out today.   Thank you for all your hard work.  Are you able to hint on the next round of updates?

Link?

John Tiller Official Updates

Oh - Green beat me to the punch.
02-02-2021, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 09:48 AM by 76mm.)
Sorry, but I've gotten totally confused about all of these updates. I bought all of my Panzer Campaign games pre-Gold (also bought some of them from HPS and then got the JTS versions).

So after the staggered release schedule for the Gold versions, I don't seem to have gotten the Gold versions for all of my games...the JTS update page includes xxx_Gold_xxx_Upd.exe files--are those updates ONLY for games that have already been updated to Gold, or will they update non-Gold games to Gold as well?? I also have some msi files and some exe files...

For Sicily and Tunisia I don't have the "Gold" msi files, only the "gold" update exes....do I need something else?

Like I said, I'm a bit confused.
02-02-2021, 12:04 PM,
The new patches all work over the JTS versions, Gold or pre-Gold. They do not work over the HPS versions.

Essentially, the patches are for 2.0X JTS versions. The exception to this are the three PzC games that were never released through HPS; Kharkov ‘43, Tunisia ‘43 and Moscow’42.. these all currently are 1.0X versions, but for consistency will all be 2.0X versions post this patching cycle.

Hope that answers your question.

Finally, you will note in the latest three updates the Getting Started files have been updated with the latest graphics. This was particularly important for the demo, Mius ‘43. Like the scenario descriptions, we will do a follow-up release at the end of this patching cycle with the revised Getting Started documentation for titles already patched but didn’t get these revisions.

David
02-02-2021, 04:50 PM,
David, in regards to Getting Started documents, I reported this a while back for Scheldt'44 and was not sure if you'd seen it:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74046
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
02-02-2021, 05:12 PM,
(02-02-2021, 04:50 PM)Pinetree Wrote: David, in regards to Getting Started documents, I reported this a while back for Scheldt'44 and was not sure if you'd seen it:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74046

Thanks Pinetree,

The secret Elf army are scouring the files for these kind of inconsistencies. We will tidy it up in the last round of patches. That will included a new version number for Scheldt so people know they have to patch it.

David
02-03-2021, 03:42 AM,
(02-02-2021, 12:04 PM)Strela Wrote: Hope that answers your question.

I think so, thanks, but just to clarify one more time:  the various Gold "update" files (generally with "upd" in the file name) will also update non-Gold JTS versions to the Gold JTS versions, correct?
02-03-2021, 06:24 AM,
As I understand, after updating the Panzer Campaigns, the time comes for all Modern Campaigns as well. And if the developers read this thread here is my request- please make for 3D view (Yes, I like to use 3D view, it is very convenient and pleasant for eyes), so please make new markers for chemical and radiation contamination. Now the chemical marker is looking very strange and hard to see, and radiation one is not visible in 3D view at all. Well, I don't know, maybe it is not visible only for me?.
02-07-2021, 06:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2021, 06:11 AM by monkie.)
So we will see the new updated high resolution for the Japan series as well and might those be before or after the Modern campaigns? These updates really brought me back into the fold and i purchased 14 games in the last sale, now to just get the time to get involved in a few PBEM's.

By the way with the new higher resolution I did a little meddling with the counters and created a slightly darker grey counter for the SS and included the runes in the top left corner which look much better now. I also did away with the gradient shading to give the counters for of that old school cardboard look with just a hint of bevel to give it a little 3d depth. I also kept the older heavier NATO counters because for some reason they just look a bit more retro to me. For some reason the image is very low quality so hard to see in the insert, I've included a better image in the next post.

[Image: Clipboard01.jpg]
02-07-2021, 06:09 AM,
higher resolution picture:

Attached Files
.jpg   Clipboard01.jpg (Size: 217.41 KB / Downloads: 24)