• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW UPDATES
01-22-2021, 09:16 AM,
RE: NEW UPDATES
The problem I have with the FWWC graphics is not about the maps, which could presumably be changed relatively easily. It is the way the other aspects and in particular the unit art has been implemented by Jison. It means that modding these is extremely difficult and since I am not a fan of the particular style used, it puts me off these games completely. 

I think it is a shame as the ability to easily make mods has always been one of the great features of JTS games. With FWWC games much of this has been lost. I understand that most love what Jison has done, so for them it is not an issue. For me it means that these games are not an option.
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2021, 03:42 AM,
(01-15-2021, 12:41 AM)Nico165 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:36 PM)Strela Wrote: As far as Modern Campaigns, yes they are on the list. I am focused on PzC currently doing the East and West front first. The desert will be last. We are working through them (roughly) alphabetically and the next three titles to be patched all start with ‘M’.

Both Moscow and... Mormandy ? (What else not already updated start with 'M' ?)

Moscow '41
Moscow '42
Mius '43
Minsk '44
01-25-2021, 05:06 AM,
(01-25-2021, 03:42 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Moscow '41
Moscow '42
Mius '43
Minsk '44

Not Minsk '44 as that was part of the first batch of updates. And David said there will be three titles in the next batch, so Mius '43 does explain the missing 'M'.
01-25-2021, 08:47 AM,
(01-25-2021, 05:06 AM)Green Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 03:42 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Moscow '41
Moscow '42
Mius '43
Minsk '44

Not Minsk '44 as that was part of the first batch of updates. And David said there will be three titles in the next batch, so Mius '43 does explain the missing 'M'.

I wasn't parsing out the updates, just thought the mystery of the "Ms" was a hoot.
01-25-2021, 05:20 PM,
(01-22-2021, 03:51 AM)Lowlander Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 08:45 PM)phoenix Wrote: Have loved other things you've done, Lowlander - and been v grateful - I wasn't having a go at you for modding - I was reacting only to your question as to whether Jison was going to officially mod the PC graphics. I realise that there are many who love jison's graphics, and that's cool, but if the only posts in here are posts saying how wonderful Jison's graphics are then those who don't go for them won't get factored into the mix when decisions are made about using his work (as already happened with the FWWC series...), hence I feel the need to represent my opinion about his PC mod whenever some such query arises. To keep it balanced.

Mmmm,  jison updates his WW1 graphics to Strela's high res file dimensions ( I.E. 200D or Mag ) all users would theoretical be able to switch game map files, so you could switch Strela's Hi Res files into your WW1 games or vice-versa.
Happy now !!!.

Hopefully Jison will update all his mod's  with the additional 200D, Mag and counter Mag files at his web page.

I'll be very happy indeed if he changes the resolution of his files to match the PC resolution, but I think what he's said he'll do is very different - he will utilise the new hi-res function, he's said, meaning simply use the new hard coding JT has provided to produce a proper hi-res magnification, no doubt at the file size he presently uses, which is totally different to the size of the PC files, sadly...
01-26-2021, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 06:40 AM by zovs66.)
So I applied the latest patch to my Kharkov 43 game and the second scenario (#0130_01 Operation Gallop - Preamble) gives me an error "Error reading scenario file" and the screen is black.

Any fixes?
01-26-2021, 06:45 AM,
Neverminded, problem solved.

When I purchased Kharkov 43, it installed it in to folder called "Kharkov '43 Gold' but the updater automatically made a default folder of "Kharkov '43' and so the JTS Menu program picked up both folders and the "updated" did not run correctly.

All is well...
02-01-2021, 01:39 AM,
(01-14-2021, 10:36 PM)Strela Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:17 PM)typhoon Wrote: Must admit I was never a big fan of the graphics in the Gold updates even though I think the updates themselves added whole new life to these fantastic games. Having said that with the latest round of updates the Map graphics and shading have reached a whole new level really impressed. I have now updated Minsk and Korsun to continue playing my PBEM matches and the maps blow me away with their clarity. And all for free simply the best thank you.

Typhoon,

Really happy you like the new look. Getting more pixels (i.e. high resolution), makes all the difference. Graphics really are in the eye of the beholder, so many will like the old vs the new. A lot of the inspiration for the new came from the more recent board game releases. There are some beautiful graphics being used these days.

As far as Modern Campaigns, yes they are on the list. I am focused on PzC currently doing the East and West front first. The desert will be last. We are working through them (roughly) alphabetically and the next three titles to be patched all start with ‘M’.

David

The New M round panzer campaigns updates are out today.   Thank you for all your hard work.  Are you able to hint on the next round of updates?
02-01-2021, 07:26 AM,
(02-01-2021, 01:39 AM)LynchMob Wrote: The New M round panzer campaigns updates are out today.   Thank you for all your hard work.  Are you able to hint on the next round of updates?

It is just alphabetical, so next round should be Normandy '44, Rzhev '42 and Salerno '43.
02-01-2021, 03:13 PM,
(02-01-2021, 01:39 AM)LynchMob Wrote: The New M round panzer campaigns updates are out today.   Thank you for all your hard work.  Are you able to hint on the next round of updates?

Link?