• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaigns?
12-21-2020, 06:34 PM,
Campaigns?
Hi
 Just wanted to ask if the people here PBEM the Campaigns? I'm all for big battles but having just got into the series I think I would like to play a Campaign PBEM. That is of course if it eventually leads up to a big battle that works after having already fought a number of smaller battles and lost units. So do we fight Campaigns PBEM? Are they fun? and do they work well? Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2020, 09:35 PM,
RE: Campaigns?
It depends an awful lot on which scenario choices each player makes. I've had great campaigns and some that fizzled out on the first game.
12-22-2020, 04:21 AM,
RE: Campaigns?
I have been playing a campaign with an opponent for almost 2 years now, started in Eckuhl then moved into Wagram.  My opponent has limited playing time and often only manages one turn a week.  We are on our 8th battle , the climax of the 1809 campaign.  I have often played ACW campaigns as that is my favorite era but my experiences with the Nappy games is more limited but I have enjoyed this one.  So to answer your questions.

Yes I play campaigns, actually prefer them as I like playing games 'blind' with limited information, gives a more historical feel to the game.  Then again the miniature group I belonged to years ago played campaigns we made up ourselves rather than just set piece battles so I guess I just developed the habit.  There are those who like to look up the scenario so they know what they are in for, a matter of choice I guess.  The other thing is the strategic choices, do I stand and fight when facing overwhelming odds or run and hope I get a better chance in the next fight ?

As to fun, as in any pbem game it depends on your opponent, if you would enjoy playing a scenario with an opponent you'll probably enjoy playing a campaign.