• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
12-22-2020, 11:47 PM,
RE: Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
On the reply comment I'm pretty sure if your in a thread and you hit new thread you are not replying but adding your own thoughts unless I have misunderstood what you have said. Apart from that Steel Gods comments are all bang on the mark. A Scenario data base custodian would be great bit like tending the garden which is currently over grown. And the tournaments and different forms maybe for the ladder would really get things lively or at least livelier well I would hope so. Maybe someone could also take on this there are so many ways it could be done and even if it's just for medals and badges might help liven things up (:-( though of course I would only be aiming for a participation badge some of you guys are just too good for me).
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2020, 02:32 AM,
(12-21-2020, 02:25 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Hey Guys.

We are kicking around the idea of giving the Blitz a "face lift".

Before we do anything, we want to hear from you, our members, as to what you think?

Do you like the current look of the Blitz and wish for it to stay the way it is?

Would you like to see a new "updated" look for the Blitz, that is also more mobile friendly?

Are there any features that our website offers that you don't like and would like to see something different?

Are there any new features that you would like for us to start offering?

Let us know what you think.

We look forward to any and all feedback, good or bad, that you can offer, so we can try to meet your needs.

Thanks

I am very much in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp.   There is absolutely nothing "wrong" with the site as it is right now.  I like the current look, and sort of like my grocery store I know where to find everything.   I have no opinion one way or the other on being mobile friendly, I only access the site from home on a PC.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
12-23-2020, 02:39 AM,
Would it be possible for the Scenario data base to include the optional rules for the scenario it might save some of the debate currently occurring on the Tiller Operational Campaigns ladder and add to the usefulness of the already fantastic tool.
12-25-2020, 05:59 AM,
(12-21-2020, 02:25 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Hey Guys.

We are kicking around the idea of giving the Blitz a "face lift".

Before we do anything, we want to hear from you, our members, as to what you think?

Do you like the current look of the Blitz and wish for it to stay the way it is?

Would you like to see a new "updated" look for the Blitz, that is also more mobile friendly?

Are there any features that our website offers that you don't like and would like to see something different?

Are there any new features that you would like for us to start offering?

Let us know what you think.

We look forward to any and all feedback, good or bad, that you can offer, so we can try to meet your needs.

Thanks

Leave it the way it is. Like a lot of the games that are represented here, graphics don’t matter, it’s in how they play. The web site plays just fine as is.
12-25-2020, 12:17 PM,
(12-22-2020, 11:47 PM)typhoon Wrote: On the reply comment I'm pretty sure if your in a thread and you hit new thread you are not replying but adding your own thoughts unless I have misunderstood what you have said. Apart from that Steel Gods comments are all bang on the mark. A Scenario data base custodian would be great bit like tending the garden which is currently over grown. And the tournaments and different forms maybe for the ladder would really get things lively or at least livelier well I would hope so. Maybe someone could also take on this there are so many ways it could be done and even if it's just for medals and badges might help liven things up (:-( though of course I would only be aiming for a participation badge some of you guys are just too good for me).

It looks like you are correct sir.  Thank you very much for pointing that out to me mate.
cheers
12-25-2020, 10:14 PM,
(12-22-2020, 10:44 PM)Steel God Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 07:33 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: Id just like to be able to respond to a thread without have to reply to someone.

I have always thought that was a bit odd myself.

Well I'm old enough to remember when the current format was "the new Blitz".  I think the point about us being mostly old men is important.  I look at the Birthdays in the bottom of the frame when I log in and I believe I've only seen 1 that was south of 40, and most seem to be in the 55+ range, with high numbers in 60s not being strange.  The basic point being is that we're all old enough that we realize it's more important that the car starts and runs well than how it looks.  The Forum software works well enough but if it were tweaked it wouldn't be a bad thing.  As others have said, don't force it into a FakeBook Page or anything that commits you to being partnered with anyone anywhere ever.  Insert Mel Gibson in Braveheart screaming Freedom.  

The point was raised about content which is not used, and I agree with that.  No one uses Matchmaking (or ever really did) that I know, most just post on the forums for a game.  No one ever uses Chat which was a feature from when actual chat services didn't exist, and now we live in the age where you can play live and converse while you do it. 

I always wish the Scenario Database was more "loved", tended by a Custodian who wanted to keep it all up to date and uniform, like a real library of sorts, in part because I'm a little OCD like that, but more because I think a proper Scenario DB encourages people to create and to it.  When it looks like the abandoned house at the end of the block it doesn't inspire confidence that contributions will be properly cared for.

Best improvement that could be made.........one thing I have been terribly saddened by is he almost complete lack of Tournament play here.  I think I found one Tourney in the CS area (the old war horses that they are) in the past few years.  Tourney's create opportunity for players to be forced to play new people, instead of playing the same few over and over.  Some of the best partners I ever had I acquired by playing in a Tourney.  They also sparked discussion on the boards, and the idea of a nice medal for your profile or a free game always brings out the best in people.

Paul always brings points that matter when he speaks.. He came back to guide us again!
Whip

Tournaments are a big absence, the luck of the draw to play against someone, you avoid on the forums, perhaps  for their spaz, or stoic dry responses, and then you find them to be a great opponent, in many other games, as well.
 As an aging bunch of old gamers, we are set in our ways, and the "kids" might turn you off, until you become their teacher, and then have to threaten to kill them, if they call you "Grandpa" Whistle

A dedicated scenario custodian... AWESOME thought!
The Scenario DB has always been the basement office of our club..  Many of us tried back in the day, to make it work, but with 2000+ hands in the cookie jar, nobody was entering data in the same consistent manners and it shows these days.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-26-2020, 06:11 AM,
(12-21-2020, 03:56 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote: I'd support any graphics changes that you want to make like changes to the interface, etc.

However, since I don't use social media at all, or mobile devices to access things much if ever, I wouldn't like it very much if any changes required us to use Facebook, MySpace, or something like them just to access and post. Optional is fine, required - never.

Also, try to avoid (might not be possible) adopting a posting system that requires everyone to re-register and make a new account. I see that too often when new messaging and forum systems are adopted on other sites. Sometimes it just can't be helped though.

Please think of old "dinosaurs" like me when it comes to any changes being contemplated.

Agree with 2-81 fully, and most every one of the old farts...  to quote OJW, without a quote box in this post, "if it ain't broke..."
12-26-2020, 10:08 PM,
(12-25-2020, 10:14 PM)RedDevil Wrote: A dedicated scenario custodian... AWESOME thought!
The Scenario DB has always been the basement office of our club..  Many of us tried back in the day, to make it work, but with 2000+ hands in the cookie jar, nobody was entering data in the same consistent manners and it shows these days.

Dev

This is not the case on the TOC ladder, the scenario data is only entered by Rick or myself and so it is consistent with no duplicate entries.

Since I took over the ladder about 7 years back we have also gone through all the old titles and cleaned them up also, depending on the game series supported I am not sure how much work would be involved in cleaning up all the other ladders?
12-26-2020, 11:57 PM,
(12-26-2020, 10:08 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 10:14 PM)RedDevil Wrote: A dedicated scenario custodian... AWESOME thought!

Dev

This is not the case on the TOC ladder, the scenario data is only entered by Rick or myself and so it is consistent with no duplicate entries.

Since I took over the ladder about 7 years back we have also gone through all the old titles and cleaned them up also, depending on the game series supported I am not sure how much work would be involved in cleaning up all the other ladders?

THe PzC Scenarios are a great example of what should be the standard, but it's just one ladder. I guess when talking about a "Site Wide" face lift one has to ask the question what is the end goal?  What is the mission statement?  It's still on the top of the home page, but is it being practiced?  Are the Ladders now autonomous kingdoms?  Who speaks "for the site"?  Who makes sure that while not all communities are the same size, they all have equal voice and representation?  Who maintains the standards?  Who leads?
12-27-2020, 12:09 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
(12-21-2020, 06:17 AM)agmoss99 Wrote: I'm old fashioned and think if it ain't broke, don't mend it too. I don't use social media.

Thumbs Up

I second, agmoss99 comments.   

Xmas5