• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
12-21-2020, 03:42 PM,
My 2 Cents  RE: Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
Changes to the interface - OK
Not too crazy, tho - and don't get stuck with the mobile requirements.
THIS - is - an OLD FARTS site - 
the young stuff ( I do love them - silly people they are ) can
learn some old ways - like learning the ancient cave art.
We had to ...
Peace - My Brothers !

TS
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2020, 06:29 PM,
RE: Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
Looks like I will be in a minority. Yet I will say  the trouble with dinosaurs is that they become extinct. All for the better mobile options links (not compulsory to face book Twitter Discord and all the others that people use (though no adverts). Would cut some of the slack as well there are ladders and forums with hardly any activity and not sure the matchmaking service really gets used all that much. No one has ever used the chat to my knowledge. Would be good to come up with some stuff people would be more willing to use and try to attract the young ones. A dinosaur myself I don't care too much for fancy graphics but would like to see a evolution of the Blitz though nothing that looses the feeling of it being home for those that want it. and most important of all lets not loose any of that old knowledge here contained we still need to be able to rub those sticks together in the right way to create a fire.
12-21-2020, 10:06 PM,
A face lift would be nice, as long as functionality remains stable and the same.
I personally don't really require mobile access, as I usually only use the forum when on my computer where I play CMx2.
12-21-2020, 10:17 PM,
I am quite OK with how the site looks at the moment, while it perhaps is showing it's age in some aspects.

It's not too mobile friendly atm, with those edge frames taking so much space, but I mostly use my laptop or tablet to browse the net anyway. So not that important for me anyway.

What I like about the current site:
- easy to post results
- easy to browse the various ladders
- easy to find custom scenarios

What could be perhaps upgraded:
- posting pictures when doing an AAR used to be a bit cumbersome, then again I have not tried that for a while

...that's it? Oh, and please keep all old threads alive, will you - and you already said you are.

And of course, do not hesitate to change things, should it make the admin part of this site easier for you guys. Your work at keeping this site alive appreciated Wine
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-21-2020, 11:07 PM,
(12-21-2020, 06:49 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Am fine with whatever you decide, am pretty flexible, just keep it simple!!

I'm with Warhorse on this. Fine with whatever is done but keep it simple!
12-22-2020, 12:53 AM,
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you do anything anyway, the way it is now should be kept as an option. Like windows, one can go in and change it back to Classic look. With all the changes, I always go change it back to Classic. They did it right the first time.

As far as attracting younger players, most likely have to add games in the SciFi/Fantasy categories. And, maybe, First Person shooter games. Don't know if anybody wants to go there.
12-22-2020, 02:11 AM,
I love that the site looks old school. Functional, fast. Most new websites are bloated, more readable in source code than in rendered form.

I don't care about mobile. Please preserve the information density on my PC screen.

Someone also mentioned that the Blitz's scenario database, searchable forum archives are its greatest asset. True, protect these at all costs.

I'd say don't waste your time/money on this. Some superficial changes (CSS, new 'themes') are ok but this site is just ok as it is.
12-22-2020, 05:32 AM,
Thank you all for your feedback, we will keep this tread running for a while to try to get as many views as possible.

And to all you dinosaurs out there don't sweat we will look after you! LOL  Angry5
12-22-2020, 07:33 AM,
Id just like to be able to respond to a thread without have to reply to someone.
cheers
12-22-2020, 10:44 PM,
(12-22-2020, 07:33 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: Id just like to be able to respond to a thread without have to reply to someone.

I have always thought that was a bit odd myself.

Well I'm old enough to remember when the current format was "the new Blitz".  I think the point about us being mostly old men is important.  I look at the Birthdays in the bottom of the frame when I log in and I believe I've only seen 1 that was south of 40, and most seem to be in the 55+ range, with high numbers in 60s not being strange.  The basic point being is that we're all old enough that we realize it's more important that the car starts and runs well than how it looks.  The Forum software works well enough but if it were tweaked it wouldn't be a bad thing.  As others have said, don't force it into a FakeBook Page or anything that commits you to being partnered with anyone anywhere ever.  Insert Mel Gibson in Braveheart screaming Freedom.  

The point was raised about content which is not used, and I agree with that.  No one uses Matchmaking (or ever really did) that I know, most just post on the forums for a game.  No one ever uses Chat which was a feature from when actual chat services didn't exist, and now we live in the age where you can play live and converse while you do it. 

I always wish the Scenario Database was more "loved", tended by a Custodian who wanted to keep it all up to date and uniform, like a real library of sorts, in part because I'm a little OCD like that, but more because I think a proper Scenario DB encourages people to create and to it.  When it looks like the abandoned house at the end of the block it doesn't inspire confidence that contributions will be properly cared for.

Best improvement that could be made.........one thing I have been terribly saddened by is he almost complete lack of Tournament play here.  I think I found one Tourney in the CS area (the old war horses that they are) in the past few years.  Tourney's create opportunity for players to be forced to play new people, instead of playing the same few over and over.  Some of the best partners I ever had I acquired by playing in a Tourney.  They also sparked discussion on the boards, and the idea of a nice medal for your profile or a free game always brings out the best in people.