• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
12-21-2020, 06:17 AM,
RE: Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
I'm old fashioned and think if it ain't broke, don't mend it too. I don't use social media.
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2020, 06:26 AM,
The Site could use some glamour.. new colors? some spaz... Anything short of ads - DON"T EVER put ADS on the site.. plz
WE'll pay for the server.

Mobile devices? eh.. not necessary IMHO..
But a lot of youngsters were born with an I-phone next to their umbilical... and you all might prolly consider catering to their whims.. (NOT)

Please... don't ever remove the posts of our years gone by. I luv reading Ed's Halftrack wars..

All in all, Just what is needed? It's a Old farts wargaming site that caters to MEN, not children learning the ropes.. they can accept our demeanor, or just go wimpy the feck out...

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-21-2020, 06:37 AM,
No worries about ads being used, the generosity of the members means we have never had to even consider that.  Wink
12-21-2020, 06:49 AM,
Am fine with whatever you decide, am pretty flexible, just keep it simple!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
12-21-2020, 06:51 AM,
(12-21-2020, 06:37 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: No worries about ads being used, the generosity of the members means we have never had to even consider that.  Wink

Amen, Grumps!
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-21-2020, 06:55 AM,
Support the update proposal. Does not have to be a "Star Wars" update but an improved look and feel would be welcomed.

No opinion re mobile applicability.
12-21-2020, 07:11 AM,
I like the site as it is. So in my opinion no changes necessary.
12-21-2020, 08:09 AM,
I can use the site as it is just fine.
I only use it from a PC.
turn based H2H with CMBN, CMRT, CM Black Sea, CMSF2, CM Cold War. Game engine v4.
12-21-2020, 08:39 AM,
I don't mind either way, as long as the site doesn't get slower due to "features." Having it display better in mobile devices would be welcome.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
12-21-2020, 12:37 PM,
(12-21-2020, 02:25 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Hey Guys.

We are kicking around the idea of giving the Blitz a "face lift".

Before we do anything, we want to hear from you, our members, as to what you think?

Do you like the current look of the Blitz and wish for it to stay the way it is?

Would you like to see a new "updated" look for the Blitz, that is also more mobile friendly?

Are there any features that our website offers that you don't like and would like to see something different?

Are there any new features that you would like for us to start offering?

Let us know what you think.

We look forward to any and all feedback, good or bad, that you can offer, so we can try to meet your needs.

Thanks

(12-21-2020, 03:56 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote: I'd support any graphics changes that you want to make like changes to the interface, etc.

However, since I don't use social media at all, or mobile devices to access things much if ever, I wouldn't like it very much if any changes required us to use Facebook, MySpace, or something like them just to access and post. Optional is fine, required - never.

Also, try to avoid (might not be possible) adopting a posting system that requires everyone to re-register and make a new account. I see that too often when new messaging and forum systems are adopted on other sites. Sometimes it just can't be helped though.

Please think of old "dinosaurs" like me when it comes to any changes being contemplated.

Can't agree enough with "to heck" with worrying about making the site mobile compatible and "here, here" on taking into account many of us are literal dinosaurs.

If changes are made guys, please make it as simple and seamless as possible for members with no more accounts to be created etc..