• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
12-30-2020, 05:39 PM,
RE: Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
A little late to the thread but ...Nothing needs changing.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2021, 11:28 PM,
(12-21-2020, 05:54 AM)Landser34 Wrote: I'd say leave it as it is as they say if it ain't broke dont fix it.

I agree with Landser.  Works good for me and I don't want to have anything to do with FakeBook.

Soap Box
01-04-2021, 06:41 AM,
I'm one of the newest members without a lot of experience here so take that into account when considering these:

- I am happy with this site remaining outside of the Social Media biggies. There's another club with a hybrid Facebook/web interface and I find the processes confusing and difficult to manage.
- Is it possible to incorporate file management? I'm referring to something in place of DropBox.
- Make information like rules and guidelines obvious and readily available. I'm into two Combat Mission battles and just learned there is a rule requiring the IRON skill level.
- Do everything possible to make finding opponents easy. For example, I'd like to find others at my beginner skill level who are actively playing games and interested in the games I have.
- I like that I can find new scenarios on this site and anything you can do to enhance this is a plus.
- Acronyms are barriers of entry for the uninitiated so avoid them as much as possible and provide definitions and explanations possibly with flyover bubbles (whatever they are called). A couple of examples: are what does ELO stand for and how is it calculated; I believe H2H stands for Head to Head but many/most of the Combat Mission X2 scenarios have blank H2H so maybe it doesn't mean what I thought. Once again, making things self explanatory is key.

These are just some thoughts and I think it is great that you're asking the questions.
03-24-2021, 01:16 AM,
(12-21-2020, 02:25 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Hey Guys.

We are kicking around the idea of giving the Blitz a "face lift".

Before we do anything, we want to hear from you, our members, as to what you think?

Do you like the current look of the Blitz and wish for it to stay the way it is?

Would you like to see a new "updated" look for the Blitz, that is also more mobile friendly?

Are there any features that our website offers that you don't like and would like to see something different?

Are there any new features that you would like for us to start offering?

Let us know what you think.

We look forward to any and all feedback, good or bad, that you can offer, so we can try to meet your needs.

Thanks
Hi!
It would be nice and fun if more/new games were incorporated in to the ladder-system. Otherwise the reporting will decrease and that is not good. This site is so fun so its important to keep it as active as possible.
With best regards
Jan
03-27-2021, 12:57 AM,
@ Bannon

Little hint.As a beginner, never get involved in scenarios.If the opponent insists on it then only as a mirror match.
Because most of the scenarios are unbalanced.So that many beginners / the ignorant are always offered to play the weak side.
The same goes for meeting engagement games.Insist on mirror matches so that you don't have to play the weak side alone.
If the opponent refuses, you can be sure that he only wanted an easy, quick win against you.
07-11-2022, 11:04 AM,
(12-21-2020, 02:25 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Hey Guys.

We are kicking around the idea of giving the Blitz a "face lift".

Before we do anything, we want to hear from you, our members, as to what you think?

Do you like the current look of the Blitz and wish for it to stay the way it is?

Would you like to see a new "updated" look for the Blitz, that is also more mobile friendly?

Are there any features that our website offers that you don't like and would like to see something different?

Are there any new features that you would like for us to start offering?

Let us know what you think.

We look forward to any and all feedback, good or bad, that you can offer, so we can try to meet your needs.

Thanks
07-11-2022, 12:09 PM,
One thing I can suggest is having a section where people can upload tutorials with pictures, probably in PDF mode. I've done a lot of instructionals in I.T., and being able to screen grab and add pics/graphics makes understanding 300 times easier.

You can type a short little note on how to do, say, PBEM that is still very hard to grasp depending on the skill of the person helping, or give a tutorial with screen shots making it very easy to understand.

I've had to help a good number of 50-60-even 70+ year olds how to work with computers, software, insurance forms, etc. Much easier w pics and screen grabs.

Other than that, change some colors to shake things up a bit.

Thanks for the site though, it IS appreciated!
07-11-2022, 10:58 PM,
I'll say again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
07-12-2022, 12:37 AM,
(07-11-2022, 10:58 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I'll say again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thumbs Up  What HE said!