• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
12-21-2020, 02:25 AM,
a_Arrow  Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
Hey Guys.

We are kicking around the idea of giving the Blitz a "face lift".

Before we do anything, we want to hear from you, our members, as to what you think?

Do you like the current look of the Blitz and wish for it to stay the way it is?

Would you like to see a new "updated" look for the Blitz, that is also more mobile friendly?

Are there any features that our website offers that you don't like and would like to see something different?

Are there any new features that you would like for us to start offering?

Let us know what you think.

We look forward to any and all feedback, good or bad, that you can offer, so we can try to meet your needs.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2020, 03:56 AM,
RE: Important---Need Your Your Feedback On Blitz Future Design
I'd support any graphics changes that you want to make like changes to the interface, etc.

However, since I don't use social media at all, or mobile devices to access things much if ever, I wouldn't like it very much if any changes required us to use Facebook, MySpace, or something like them just to access and post. Optional is fine, required - never.

Also, try to avoid (might not be possible) adopting a posting system that requires everyone to re-register and make a new account. I see that too often when new messaging and forum systems are adopted on other sites. Sometimes it just can't be helped though.

Please think of old "dinosaurs" like me when it comes to any changes being contemplated.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
12-21-2020, 04:57 AM,
As one of the "newbies", I have no problem with a re-design of the site, since I have no history to be attached to. As far as making it more mobile-friendly, I'd say that's probably not too important. I use my phone for a lot of stuff, but this isn't one of them. And I'm sure there are a lot more veterans here like 2-81 Armor who don't bother with a phone at all for this kind of stuff. The site is a bit dated looking, but then I've not seen many forums that didn't look like this. Would be interesting to see what you could do.
12-21-2020, 05:03 AM,
Personally I would like a mobile friendly version, this will help me keeping in touch with the forum, as most of the time I cant connect with my pc.
12-21-2020, 05:14 AM,
Myself, I only use the forum at my PC, which is where I play my games.

I recall there being a learning curve the last time we did this.
12-21-2020, 05:35 AM,
Current site is not bad, but I support an update.

Suggest that on the new site old posts etc. are deleted. On most of the forums, there is a lot of old material.

Greets Owl
12-21-2020, 05:54 AM,
I'd say leave it as it is as they say if it ain't broke dont fix it.
12-21-2020, 05:57 AM,
Thumbs up to a redesign. Thumbs up to no required connection to social media. I had not considered that as a thing but yeah no need to embedded us any further with those scummy companies.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
12-21-2020, 06:09 AM,
(12-21-2020, 03:56 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote: I'd support any graphics changes that you want to make like changes to the interface, etc.

However, since I don't use social media at all, or mobile devices to access things much if ever, I wouldn't like it very much if any changes required us to use Facebook, MySpace, or something like them just to access and post. Optional is fine, required - never.

Also, try to avoid (might not be possible) adopting a posting system that requires everyone to re-register and make a new account. I see that too often when new messaging and forum systems are adopted on other sites. Sometimes it just can't be helped though.

Please think of old "dinosaurs" like me when it comes to any changes being contemplated.

Thumbs up to this. Thumbs Up

"Suggest that on the new site old posts etc. are deleted. On most of the forums, there is a lot of old material. Owl"

Thumbs down to this. Thumbs Down
Archiving old posts might be best. Deleting? Please no.

Very much agree with Canadian Cat too!

Farmer

HSL
12-21-2020, 06:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2020, 06:16 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Thanks for the feedback so far, I am also one of those tech dinosaurs so this update will not test our tech skills!

There will be no requirement to use any social media, there will be no posts removed or deleted, we fully understand that the forum is a treasure-trove of information to be cherished.

In fact the forum was updated to the latest spec recently and no one noticed.  Wink

I think making the site more accessible to people who want to view on a smartphone or tablet is a step forward, like others here I only view the site on a laptop but I know there are others who would like the choice, so once again you guys using a laptop now would not see any difference in functionality. 

I think elements of the site look a little dated and could do with a visual makeover.  Soap Box