• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

UPDATES
12-19-2020, 11:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 11:46 PM by phoenix.)
UPDATES
Some updates have appeared on the JTS site!

Budapest, Bulge and Smolensk

Thanks, David. Merry Christmas!
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2020, 12:49 AM,
RE: UPDATES
Great way to start the day!
12-20-2020, 12:50 AM,
Thanks for the heads up.And thanks also for the updates.Makes me fancy a play through of the Smolensk campaign it’s been Awhile
12-20-2020, 01:08 AM,
Great, Smolensk, intend to get it in the sale :)
12-20-2020, 02:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 02:52 AM by unonimus.)
- Change so that detached units will no longer gain replacements.
- Change so that it is now possible for units to move tactically at night without becoming
disrupted (70% chance of disruption per hex, rather than 100%), mainly in order to allow
for night assaults, but also short emergency movements.

Are those real or leftover from FWWC's changelogs?
:(
12-20-2020, 03:24 AM,
Nice to have a few Christmas presents. Big thanks to David for working to get these out!

Oh, I also noticed that the revised scenario with extended map that Plain Ian references here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=73407 appears to have made it into the Bulge '44 update as well. A nice addition.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
12-20-2020, 04:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 05:08 AM by Bioman.)
I had to download Bulge twice as it loads into the wrong folder. It loads into a Bulge '44 folder when the folder should be  Bulge '44 Gold. I assume that the other updates will have the same problem.

I also notice that rivers are now hard to see as they are now a dark or light gray and no longer blue. This color is much harder to see at least for me. In fact where it goes between to forest hexes it almost disappears as it does with all of the new hex counters, Why are there isolated streams one hex long along only one hex side(134,78 and 135,78)? If it is not supposed to be a water feature then you need to change the colors. I have never seen a map where rivers and streams are not blue.
At least the new unit backgrounds for Luftwaffe units are better as now you can actually read the unit values now.
12-20-2020, 06:51 AM,
(12-20-2020, 04:22 AM)Bioman Wrote: I had to download Bulge twice as it loads into the wrong folder. It loads into a Bulge '44 folder when the folder should be  Bulge '44 Gold. I assume that the other updates will have the same problem.

It's that way for Smolensk as well. I thought I had named my folders wrong or something! Glad to know I'm not crazy (at least, not completely...)
12-20-2020, 07:51 AM,
I used the browse option to ensure the files went to the "Gold" folder and had no issues with DL the S41 files.

Overall the update is a great improvement and I much prefer the new 2D graphics to the Gold ones, however I agree with Bioman that the colour difference between rivers and streams is a backward step IMO, it has always been obvious before, now not so much.........
12-20-2020, 09:00 AM,
(12-20-2020, 07:51 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I used the browse option to ensure the files went to the "Gold" folder and had no issues with DL the S41 files.

Overall the update is a great improvement and I much prefer the new 2D graphics to the Gold ones, however I agree with Bioman that the colour difference between rivers and streams is a backward step IMO, it has always been obvious before, now not so much.........

I used the browse option as well, no problems. I love the update, and the rivers/streams difference is still a bit similar in 2D normal mode, but easy to see in the magnified, which is where I always do my tactical movement anyway.

It will probably come down to eyesight abilities and personal preference! Smile