• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Games to play
12-13-2020, 05:51 AM,
My 2 Cents  Games to play
My list of board Games that are worthy of a day's gaming..
Soap Box

The Napoleonic Wars - GMT
Washington's War - GMT
AXIS and ALLIES- any version - Avalon Hill/Milton Bradley
Fortress America - the original - Milton Bradley
Conquest of the Empire - Milton Bradley
Broadsides and boarding parties - Milton Bradley
Shogun - Milton Bradley
Virgin Queen - GMT
Here I stand - GMT
Combat Commander series - GMT
Lincoln's war- Multiman / John Poniske
Paths Of Glory - GMT
BlackBeard - GMT
Victoria Cross - Worthington Games
The Kaiser's Pirates - GMT
Dominant species - GMT
Sword of Rome - GMT
WW2 Barbarossa to Berlin - GMT
For the People - GMT
Conquest of Paradise - GMT..
and many, many more
heroclix
war at sea
Walking Dead Minis

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2020, 06:12 AM,
RE: Games to play
Muhahahaha!!

Virgin Queen, a lot of Pirate stuff and last but not least Dominant Species!!

No one can say you are not true to form in the gaming world and perhaps to a small extent real life I suspected you always were a pirate at heart!!

Nice collection Dev!
12-13-2020, 08:47 AM,
(12-13-2020, 06:12 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Muhahahaha!!

No one can say you are not true to form in the gaming world and perhaps to a small extent real life I suspected you always were a pirate at heart!!

Nice collection Dev!

I have played many more as well  :) and yes.. Dev loves Pirates! Whistle  
Open to the winds, full sails to the battle!

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-13-2020, 11:30 PM,
(12-13-2020, 05:51 AM)RedDevil Wrote: My list of board Games that are worthy of a day's gaming..
Soap Box

Washington's War - GMT
Shogun - Milton Bradley
Virgin Queen - GMT
Here I stand - GMT
Paths Of Glory - GMT
BlackBeard - GMT
Dominant species - GMT
Sword of Rome - GMT
For the People - GMT
and many, many more
heroclix
war at sea
Walking Dead Minis

Dev

I have all of those Milton Bradley series games, except the rather rare Broadsides and Boarding parties, and always enjoyed them.  I especially loved to play Fortress America for the 3:1 aspect of things, and used Conquest of the Empire to lure non-wargamers into the hobby Rolling Eyes 

I still play board games every Friday with my steady opponent, we're currently playing 3W's East Wind Rain, which is a great game about the Pacific War with the most god awful rule set eve known to man.  You can read the rules 100 times (and I dare say I have) and not comprehend them, and will only learn to play through trial and error.  Before that we played a couple of matches of World in Flames, but an older 4th Edition set we have from the 1980s, not the current 6000 counter monster.  The older versions played much more elegantly in our opinion. 

I see you're an aficionado of GMT games.  I just picked up a copy of The Dark Valley for my regular opponent for Christmas, and have stalked many copies of Empire of the Rising Sun on eBay but not come home with one yet for a price I'm willing to pay.  But I shall have that pelt eventually, I'm a patient man.   Helmet Wink

I would include on the list of games that are worth the time, anytime, are the Columbia Games Block Series (East Front, Bobby Lee, etc. etc.).  I've not come across one yet that doesn't impress in regards to the quality of the components, the well written rules, the balance of play, or the elegant presentation of history.
12-14-2020, 12:30 AM,

Nice collection Dev!

Dev has a heart?  Who knew?  And why wasn't that information shared with the rest of us?   Pirate Duel2  Big Grin
12-14-2020, 08:03 AM,
(12-13-2020, 11:30 PM)Steel God Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 05:51 AM)RedDevil Wrote: My list of board Games that are worthy of a day's gaming..
Soap Box

Washington's War - GMT
Shogun - Milton Bradley
Virgin Queen - GMT
Here I stand - GMT
Paths Of Glory - GMT
BlackBeard - GMT
Dominant species - GMT
Sword of Rome - GMT
For the People - GMT
and many, many more
heroclix
war at sea
Walking Dead Minis

Dev

I have all of those Milton Bradley series games, except the rather rare Broadsides and Boarding parties, and always enjoyed them.  I especially loved to play Fortress America for the 3:1 aspect of things, and used Conquest of the Empire to lure non-wargamers into the hobby Rolling Eyes 

I still play board games every Friday with my steady opponent, we're currently playing 3W's East Wind Rain, which is a great game about the Pacific War with the most god awful rule set eve known to man.  You can read the rules 100 times (and I dare say I have) and not comprehend them, and will only learn to play through trial and error.  Before that we played a couple of matches of World in Flames, but an older 4th Edition set we have from the 1980s, not the current 6000 counter monster.  The older versions played much more elegantly in our opinion. 

I see you're an aficionado of GMT games.  I just picked up a copy of The Dark Valley for my regular opponent for Christmas, and have stalked many copies of Empire of the Rising Sun on eBay but not come home with one yet for a price I'm willing to pay.  But I shall have that pelt eventually, I'm a patient man.   Helmet Wink

I would include on the list of games that are worth the time, anytime, are the Columbia Games Block Series (East Front, Bobby Lee, etc. etc.).  I've not come across one yet that doesn't impress in regards to the quality of the components, the well written rules, the balance of play, or the elegant presentation of history.
Paul, did play Rourke's Drift in Columbia's block series a few times with my locals, old feller named Mike had an original.. we wore those blocks out!!!  I did buy Victoria's Cross 2 (counters version) just to have that game on my shelf!
(HUGE fan of Zulu war)
I own all of the original MB series gamemaster games, paid quite some $$ to get them too.. 200$ to get Fortress, $350 to get Broadsides.. Yes, I'm a feckin addict...

PM me on what kinda pricing you looking for Sun game? I have a friend who has several NEW copies..  I've been wanting it as well.. might even come to your house for a week, after this coivid shit blows over just to play!
And bro, anytime you want to defend your homeland against my Marines again.. you just send some smoke signals!

Randy/Dev
12-14-2020, 08:07 AM,
(12-14-2020, 12:30 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote:

Nice collection Dev!

Dev has a heart?  Who knew?  And why wasn't that information shared with the rest of us?   Pirate Duel2  Big Grin

Whistle  never share your inner self, Marky..   Jester