• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Creating SB Campaign Games
12-14-2020, 07:28 PM,
RE: Creating SB Campaign Games
Thanks, I will do a reinstall and then recreate the scenarios and oob's from scratch and then if I cant get that to work i will post a link here to the files so they can be publicly dissected. I won't do that with the files I have been using most recently  because they have been edited so much I have probably introduced new errors. So a start from scratch seems indicated.

One question to help clarify something from the OOB files

Code:
Russian R 1645 Partisans
    Begin
    C 1697 Partizan Co.
        Begin
        V 1817 6 Horse
            L 1698 6 8 0 Cpt Volkov
            W 1699 1 PPD SMG
            W 1821 1 Binoculars
        P 1700 1st Platoon
            Begin
            V 1811 5 Horse
                L 1701 5 9 0 Lt Kuznetsov

Lt Kuznetsov is the subject of the campaign so I know 1701 is his number in the OOB but what do the figures 5 9 0 represent?

I know one of these will be the image number, and with the top down mods I assume this is largely academic, but which number is it? and what do the other two numbers indicate?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2020, 08:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 08:46 PM by Xerxes77.)
(12-14-2020, 07:28 PM)Embis Wrote:
Code:
Russian R 1645 Partisans
    Begin
    C 1697 Partizan Co.
        Begin
        V 1817 6 Horse
            L 1698 6 8 0 Cpt Volkov
            W 1699 1 PPD SMG
            W 1821 1 Binoculars
        P 1700 1st Platoon
            Begin
            V 1811 5 Horse

Lt Kuznetsov is the subject of the campaign so I know 1701 is his number in the OOB but what do the figures 5 9 0 represent?

I know one of these will be the image number, and with the top down mods I assume this is largely academic, but which number is it? and what do the other two numbers indicate?

These I think I can help with.
For troops, the digits after the Oob ID are Strength, Morale (1-6, that is F-A) and image index.
Leaders have only two numbers, Command rating (1-7, that is F-A+) and image index (in the case of Kuznetsov, the subject of the campaign, this image should be the same as the one selected in the .cpd).

As Kuznetsov is a Leader, the last "0" will be probably parsed by the program as part of his name. You can check this by looking at his in-game name, he should appear as "0 Lt. Kuznetsov".
12-15-2020, 08:32 AM,
In my mod, the leader would be a single man counter, usually the first image in the country infantry images in Info folder Units.bmp.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
02-25-2021, 10:38 PM,
(12-14-2020, 07:28 PM)Embis Wrote: Thanks, I will do a reinstall and then recreate the scenarios and oob's from scratch and then if I cant get that to work i will post a link here to the files so they can be publicly dissected. I won't do that with the files I have been using most recently  because they have been edited so much I have probably introduced new errors. So a start from scratch seems indicated.

One question to help clarify something from the OOB files

Code:
Russian R 1645 Partisans
    Begin
    C 1697 Partizan Co.
        Begin
        V 1817 6 Horse
            L 1698 6 8 0 Cpt Volkov
            W 1699 1 PPD SMG
            W 1821 1 Binoculars
        P 1700 1st Platoon
            Begin
            V 1811 5 Horse

Hi Embis, did you manage solve the issue you had with your custom campaign?
02-26-2021, 09:31 AM,
I also made one, to no avail.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

02-26-2021, 10:20 AM,
(02-26-2021, 09:31 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I also made one, to no avail.

I've been tinkering with the campaign system and I think I've figured out most of the relevant moving parts. I'd be interested in taking a look at your or Embis' files if you don't mind sharing them, see if I can get them to work.
02-27-2021, 08:05 AM,
Well, it appears AoTR is just not made for it, as there was no campaign routine set up? It will advance until it should load the scenario, then errors out. Mine was made for my mod, so unless you have the mod and all, it won't work, it was an imported Finnish one from Winter War. My mod now has them as well as the Japanese and Chinese, allied Bulgarians, etc.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

02-27-2021, 09:21 AM,
(02-27-2021, 08:05 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Well, it appears AoTR is just not made for it, as there was no campaign routine set up? It will advance until it should load the scenario, then errors out. Mine was made for my mod, so unless you have the mod and all, it won't work, it was an imported Finnish one from Winter War. My mod now has them as well as the Japanese and Chinese, allied Bulgarians, etc.

But I believe Embis was trying out Tour of Duty, not AoTR? I think ToD does support campaigns.

Congrats about your mod! I've been looking for custom campaigns but I've only come up with scenarios.
02-27-2021, 01:09 PM,
(02-27-2021, 09:21 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 08:05 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Well, it appears AoTR is just not made for it, as there was no campaign routine set up? It will advance until it should load the scenario, then errors out. Mine was made for my mod, so unless you have the mod and all, it won't work, it was an imported Finnish one from Winter War. My mod now has them as well as the Japanese and Chinese, allied Bulgarians, etc.

But I believe Embis was trying out Tour of Duty, not AoTR? I think ToD does support campaigns.

Congrats about your mod! I've been looking for custom campaigns but I've only come up with scenarios.

Hmm, my bad, was sure he was trying one in AoTR?! Thanks about the Mod, always a work in progress.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

02-27-2021, 10:35 PM,
(02-27-2021, 01:09 PM)Warhorse Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 09:21 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote:

Hmm, my bad, was sure he was trying one in AoTR?! Thanks about the Mod, always a work in progress.

My bad, you're absolutely right, he was using ToD as a template but intended to work on AotR.
The obstacle here may be unsurmountable as AotR effectively seems to lack hardcoded campaign support.

What about your mod, isn't it built on AotR? How are you handling campaigns? Sorry for all the questions but I'm interested in seeing what can be done.