• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Creating SB Campaign Games
12-11-2020, 08:51 AM,
RE: Creating SB Campaign Games
(12-10-2020, 01:03 PM)Embis Wrote: Have tried all combinations for the file locations and made sure that I edited the CPD file to reflect that, it makes no difference. Most recently I have put all the oob map and Scn files into the campaign folder. I will send you a zip with everything in, if you would have a look I would be very grateful. Thanks Mike. I am pretty sure i am making some simple mistake, 

The scenarios themselves open without any problem independently, its only when I try and use them from within the campaign module that it falls over.
Took a quick look at it, even tried to change Soviet to Russian, still no love.Will have a more in depth look this weekend when I have more time, sure it's something simply overlooked. The names of the scenario's don't have a 1_, 2_ or anything like the others, maybe relevant?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2020, 09:06 AM,
Thanks Mike, its certainly foxing me, I had planned for a few of these but I cant risk spending any more time on them if they arent going to work. In a sense its reassuring you cant get it to work either!!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
12-13-2020, 02:39 AM,
I sent out a question to the JT Wargame Design Studio team, see if they can shed any light on the matter.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-13-2020, 04:43 PM,
Since the scenarios both load in the editor and in the main game engine then I think the problem must be with the .cpd file. 

..and I must keep repeating the same mistake!! because even when I go back to scratch, make new maps, scenarios, oob's and .cpd to make a new campaign..I get the same error. Very frustrating.
Napoleon I
12-13-2020, 09:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 09:43 PM by Xerxes77.)
(12-09-2020, 11:33 PM)Embis Wrote:
.cpd file
A Soviet partisan leader in Belarus.
Soviet
Campaign/Partisan.bmp
Start: 03/07/41
End: 15/07/41
1701 6 Lt Kuznetsov
Partisans played a major role in resisting the advance of the Reich during operation Barbarossa in the summer of 1941.By July Minsk had been encircled and Smolensk was about to fall. The german invasion showed no sign of slowing. The partisans in Belarus harried the fragile German Lines of supply through acts of sabotage and direct military action. They are alleged to have killed up to 500,000 german troops.The savagery of the German Occupation is well known. If caught the greatest mercy a partisan could expect would be a swift execution.The same was true of any German soldier taken by the partisans. Atrocities were committed by both sides.This was no gentleman's war.

Liberate.scn
Sabotage.scn

I see you've recently moved the files to the campaign folder. This is probably a dumb question, but have you tried using the relative path to the .scn files in the .cpd, i.e:
campaign/Liberate.scn
campaign/Sabotage.scn

The relative path is probably needed for the .oob and .map inside the .scn files themselves.
12-14-2020, 02:16 AM,
Thank you, yes i have tried putting the files in the campaign folder and out in the main folder, and editing the paths appropriately in the .cpd but it makes no difference. I note that in the stock campaigns some games use a seperate folder and others put the files in the main game folder, so it seems either method should work assuming the paths are right in the CPD
Napoleon I
12-14-2020, 06:17 AM,
(12-14-2020, 02:16 AM)Embis Wrote: Thank you, yes i have tried putting the files in the campaign folder and out in the main folder, and editing the paths appropriately in the .cpd but it makes no difference. I note that in the stock campaigns some games use a seperate folder and others put the files in the main game folder, so it seems either method should work assuming the paths are right in the CPD

What about the scenario files themselves? Inside the .scn there are references to the .oob and the .map files that need to have a relative path. I can replicate your error if I don't include "campaign/" before the .oob and .map filenames.

If you have already tried that, I'm out of ideas Propeller Hat
12-14-2020, 07:32 AM,
Thank you, Yes i have tried with the .map and.oob and .scn in the main game folder and in a separate campaign folder and edited the paths in the .scn file so that corresponds.. It makes no difference, i can click through the campaign front end right up to where the game engine loads, I see the introductory splash screen... then the same error.

I am going to start from scratch again, third or fourth time I have done that. Next step is to throw the PC outta the window and go back to painting 10mm figs.

I see some games in the series make use of a campaign folder for map scn and oob files and some dont. So I assume as long as the paths are right in the cpd and scn files it doesn't matter where they go.
Napoleon I
12-14-2020, 09:58 AM,
(12-14-2020, 07:32 AM)Embis Wrote: Thank you, Yes i have tried with the .map and.oob and .scn in the main game folder and in a separate campaign folder and edited the paths in the .scn file so that corresponds.. It makes no difference, i can click through the campaign front end right up to where the game engine loads, I see the introductory splash screen... then the same error.

I am going to start from scratch again, third or fourth time I have done that. Next step is to throw the PC outta the window and go back to painting 10mm figs.

I see some games in the series make use of a campaign folder for map scn and oob files and some dont. So I assume as long as the paths are right in the cpd and scn files it doesn't matter where they go.

I even changed Soviet to Russian, they must match folder names, but no love. Renamed scenario's to have a 1, 2 behind them, tried upper, lower case campaign, nothing seems to work.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

12-14-2020, 09:59 AM,
(12-14-2020, 07:32 AM)Embis Wrote: Thank you, Yes i have tried with the .map and.oob and .scn in the main game folder and in a separate campaign folder and edited the paths in the .scn file so that corresponds.. It makes no difference, i can click through the campaign front end right up to where the game engine loads, I see the introductory splash screen... then the same error.

I feel you, but at least try reinstalling the game before throwing the PC out -- mayhaps something broke somewhere and a fresh install may fix it Smile

I can also take a look at the files if you want and see if I can replicate the issue here.