• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Replay Settings
11-27-2020, 11:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 11:49 PM by LordDeadwood.)
Replay Settings
Just started a PBEM game of Kursk. My opponent has turned off the "On Map Results" option in the settings menu. When I view the replay of his turn, I get the fire results in the dialog box in spite of my setting "On Map Results" turned on. We tested this by having him turn the setting on part way through his turn. Sure enough, when I ran the replay the fire results suddenly started showing on the map. Anybody else experience this? Is there any fix for it?
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2020, 03:46 PM,
RE: Replay Settings
The replay is created based on the settings of the player that is playing. No work around that I am aware of, it is the way it has been since the On Map Results was added in PzC.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-28-2020, 04:13 PM,
You can go to the menu under Settings. in your version. Turn on Continuous Action. The first result will stall on the results screen in his replay. After clicking "OK", those game results will flash on screen, then disappear quickly.

Best if both sides use on map results. However, some novices may need to see the battle results to learn. If you agreed to help out a novice by playing a game with them, then this is fine.

There is also the case where even an experienced player is unfamiliar with a new feature after a patch or has been away from the system for a long. Turn off the on map results temporarily for a turn or part of a turn is quite acceptable.

Hope this helps you manage this type of situation.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-28-2020, 06:41 PM,
Yeah, that's me. I hope the developers fix this soon. Forcing one player's display settings to the other is just very bad UX.