• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How different are we?
12-15-2020, 06:19 AM,
RE: How different are we?
(12-14-2020, 02:26 AM)typhoon Wrote: Interested to know how people play the game and how different we are when we play. I play PBEM only so do not use the A.I I will play any scenario from any Campaign but when choosing myself I choose the biggest. Sides that varies from title in regard to preference but I will generally try any side in any scenario.
   As for when playing I use 
1) 2D Normal view (occasionally going to magnified and again occasionally zooming out)
2) Always have divisional markings on
3) Always use the Nato symbols (even though the others are far prettier)
4) look at objectives occasionally same with supply sources

Shading is very important to me usually Reachable is the most important especially when coupled with the S thing in the toolbar that allows you to change travel mode or save enough points to fire. Command Range Target Hexes Max range and Visibility also all get used a fair bit.

Highlighting is always set to organisation with the occasional switch to indirect fire spotters the other highlight options I don't think I ever use. I also play with the complete toolbar.

Now wondering is this the same for anyone else or are we all very different?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

P.S Always move all my units myself as well never use any of the automated stuff.

1)  2D 90% of the time...3D occasionally to get "lay of the land" in a critical section of the front
2)  Always have divisional markings on
3)  Always NATO symbols 
4)  Always aware of objectives, supply sources, and HQ command range
5)  Always have reachable hexes, visible hexes as a secondary, especially on defense
6)  HQ command range always (Yes, I said before lol)...my gameplay improved so much when I mastered that!
7)  Always move all of my units...AI just not good enough. The old saying...you want something done right, do it yourself! 
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2020, 08:22 PM,
(12-15-2020, 12:34 AM)Strela Wrote: 3)  NATO symbols always.  The effort JTS puts into the pretty pictures is (respectfully) wasted on me.  They have VM on their staff now and he produced the best unit art the PzC world ever saw "back in the day".  I miss his art more than anything about the old days.  For my money, they should use the NATO symbols on counters and high quality art in the left side panels.  But hey, I'm just one opinion.

All VM's art was from Osprey and was copywrite so we could not officially use it. I didn't think our colourised art was that bad?

David

The artwork currently used is not "that bad" and apologies if it sounded like that.  It's just not as good as the Mods VM used to put out.  I understand the copyright issue though.  Not a complaint, just an opinion. 

Respect;  Paul
12-18-2020, 08:05 AM,
(12-14-2020, 02:26 AM)typhoon Wrote: Interested to know how people play the game and how different we are when we play. I play PBEM only so do not use the A.I I will play any scenario from any Campaign but when choosing myself I choose the biggest. Sides that varies from title in regard to preference but I will generally try any side in any scenario.
   As for when playing I use 
1) 2D Normal view (occasionally going to magnified and again occasionally zooming out)
2) Always have divisional markings on
3) Always use the Nato symbols (even though the others are far prettier)
4) look at objectives occasionally same with supply sources

Shading is very important to me usually Reachable is the most important especially when coupled with the S thing in the toolbar that allows you to change travel mode or save enough points to fire. Command Range Target Hexes Max range and Visibility also all get used a fair bit.

Highlighting is always set to organisation with the occasional switch to indirect fire spotters the other highlight options I don't think I ever use. I also play with the complete toolbar.

Now wondering is this the same for anyone else or are we all very different?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

P.S Always move all my units myself as well never use any of the automated stuff.

It looks like we are all the same. 

PBEM preferred, 2D with Divisonal markings on. 

I play with Hotkeys which means right hand holds mouse and selects units using the mouse wheel to zoom.

Left hand uses Hotkeys which 90% of the time are the ones in red....which usually means I spend a lot of time doing Y and 6.

[Image: 2020-12-15_14h17_26.png]
12-18-2020, 08:59 AM,
Having a keyboard shortcut map is very useful.
This is how I have organised mine.

HQ
K Command range
O Organisation
P Org dialogue
Q Hilight

Arty
E Arty dialogue
G Valid target
H Max range
W Indirect fire spotter

Movt