• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Replay and Disruption
11-23-2020, 05:07 AM,
Replay and Disruption
Since the state of disruption is so critical to the situation on the field, I always watch my replays with the Disruption status showing.

Can someone tell me why certain titles won't allow this, though? The Scheldt is only the latest title to cancel this setting during the replays.

Is there some setting that I need to change?
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2020, 05:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 05:16 AM by phoenix.)
RE: Replay and Disruption
The new title defaults 'delayed disruption reporting' to on in the optional rules. You need to uncheck it. You can only do this at the start of a scenario when you get the optional rules dialogue. However, I think this setting only applies to what info you have about the disruption status of enemy units, not your own, but I'm not sure - maybe it applies to your own units too.
11-23-2020, 06:33 AM,
(11-23-2020, 05:14 AM)phoenix Wrote: The new title defaults 'delayed disruption reporting' to on in the optional rules. You need to uncheck it. You can only do this at the start of a scenario when you get the optional rules dialogue. However, I think this setting only applies to what info you have about the disruption status of enemy units, not your own, but I'm not sure - maybe it applies to your own units too.

Perhaps I was not clear.

I love the delayed disruption reporting. That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm saying that when I watch my opponent's replay, the "Show Disrupted/Broken Units" button on the menu un-sticks after a moment of the replay. This means that I not only can't see which of my opposing units are already known to be disrupted, but that I can't even see the status of my own units as I watch.

Yes, I know that the button will stick when the replay is over, but I've always appreciated seeing the units' status as the turn plays out, and I don't know why this is possible on most titles, but apparently not on some.
11-23-2020, 07:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 09:51 PM by Plain Ian.)
(11-23-2020, 06:33 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 05:14 AM)phoenix Wrote: The new title defaults 'delayed disruption reporting' to on in the optional rules. You need to uncheck it. You can only do this at the start of a scenario when you get the optional rules dialogue. However, I think this setting only applies to what info you have about the disruption status of enemy units, not your own, but I'm not sure - maybe it applies to your own units too.

Perhaps I was not clear.

I love the delayed disruption reporting. That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm saying that when I watch my opponent's replay, the "Show Disrupted/Broken Units" button on the menu un-sticks after a moment of the replay. This means that I not only can't see which of my opposing units are already known to be disrupted, but that I can't even see the status of my own units as I watch.

Yes, I know that the button will stick when the replay is over, but I've always appreciated seeing the units' status as the turn plays out, and I don't know why this is possible on most titles, but apparently not on some.
When the replay starts why don't you just go up to the toolbar and toggle on Disruption whilst the replay is running. That's what i have to do every time I watch the replay because like you I want to see which of my units disrupt during my opponents turn,

I'm guessing that if your opponent finishes his turn and has the she show Disruption toggled then it will automatically show when you run the Replay. If he doesn't then you will have to toggle it on? Just a guess.
11-27-2020, 10:30 AM,
(11-23-2020, 07:43 PM)Plain Ian Wrote: When the replay starts why don't you just go up to the toolbar and toggle on Disruption whilst the replay is running. That's what i have to do every time I watch the replay because like you I want to see which of my units disrupt during my opponents turn,

I'm guessing that if your opponent finishes his turn and has the she show Disruption toggled then it will automatically show when you run the Replay. If he doesn't then you will have to toggle it on? Just a guess.

That's actually what I always have done.

The problem I'm describing only happens with certain titles. I start the replay, I hit the "Show disrupted" button, and after showing one firefight the button resets. I can hit it again, and it'll reset again after some random point during the replay.
11-28-2020, 04:21 PM,
Battle results when On Map Results are on will appear in yellow for disruption and red for a broken result.  I always fond that was enough when viewing a replay.

Never tries to stick a setting for watching an opponent's PBEM replay turn.  I always thought the PzC games showed the replay with the settings of the player who generated the turn.

Interesting to hear you believe can a player can control those settings during a replay.
Exactly which titles seem to work like that for you?  I would like to see if such behavior can be replicated.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-29-2020, 02:19 AM,
(11-28-2020, 04:21 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Interesting to hear you believe can a player can control those settings during a replay.
Exactly which titles seem to work like that for you?  I would like to see if such behavior can be replicated.

Not the issue Liebchen raised, so don't know if it's a useful comment, but I prefer to have area boundaries on during replay because it helps to immediately grasp the region in view - and I've discovered I can change that and other things under "view" during replay.  This is with France 40G.
11-29-2020, 06:05 AM,
(11-29-2020, 02:19 AM)squarian Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 04:21 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Interesting to hear you believe can a player can control those settings during a replay.

Not the issue Liebchen raised, so don't know if it's a useful comment, but I prefer to have area boundaries on during replay because it helps to immediately grasp the region in view - and I've discovered I can change that and other things under "view" during replay.  This is with France 40G.

Yes! This, too, bugs me. In some games the area boundaries need to be re-implemented every dang turn.
11-29-2020, 08:58 AM,
(11-29-2020, 06:05 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 02:19 AM)squarian Wrote:

Yes! This, too, bugs me. In some games the area boundaries need to be re-implemented every dang turn.

Mmmh another new thing for me? Area boundaries? The pzc.pdf in Bulge 44 Gold help file says -

Select Area Boundaries to toggle the display of area boundaries on the map as yellow lines. Note: this feature has not yet been implemented in a Panzer Campaigns game, but will be in a future release.

I've never used this? What am I missing? 

If I'm playing a big game I would toggle on the place names using Alt to make them stick.

As for colours in the replay. Yes if the replay isn't quick then you an pick out Dirsruption and Broken.

[Image: 2020-11-28_22h49_59.png]

Ian in Dundee
11-29-2020, 09:40 AM,
(11-29-2020, 08:58 AM)Pla Wrote: Mmmh another new thing for me? Area boundaries? The pzc.pdf in Bulge 44 Gold help file says -

Select Area Boundaries to toggle the display of area boundaries on the map as yellow lines. Note: this feature has not yet been implemented in a Panzer Campaigns game, but will be in a future release.

I've never used this? What am I missing?

Ian, the pzc.pdf you are looking at is out of date. The revised pzc.pdf no longer mentions that area boundaries will not be available until a future release. Actually, area boundaries have been available for a very long time so I have no idea why the Gold .pdf said this.

The problem is that if you want to use it you need to select it every time you load the scenario. This is the case for all PzC games. But once you select it, it does stick until you close the scenario.

I know that you use the Auto Hotkey app, so you can do what I have done and add a hotkey for area boundaries to make it more convenient.

John