• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Centrals and Artillery
11-18-2020, 01:23 PM,
Centrals and Artillery
Why can't the central powers plot indirect artillery? The allies can.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2021, 04:27 AM,
RE: Centrals and Artillery
(11-18-2020, 01:23 PM)Scud Wrote: Why can't the central powers plot indirect artillery? The allies can.

Dave

Sorry Dave, will look into this, do you have a save game?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-03-2021, 01:09 PM,
(01-03-2021, 04:27 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 01:23 PM)Scud Wrote: Why can't the central powers plot indirect artillery? The allies can.

Dave

Sorry Dave, will look into this, do you have a save game?

Hi Mike,

No need for apologies. I emailed you a game turn. We're playing "Miracle of Shaiba", but it happens with all of the scenarios we've played. I can only fire direct as the centrals. I wasn't sure if that was by design or historic or what.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-03-2021, 02:13 PM,
Ahh, I remember now, there are direct fire and indirect fire guns, if not labelled indirect Fire, they are direct fire only!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

01-05-2021, 01:09 PM,
(01-03-2021, 02:13 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Ahh, I remember now, there are direct fire and indirect fire guns, if not labelled indirect Fire, they are direct fire only!

Thanks Mike. I don't think I've yet to play a scenario where the centrals had indirect fire capabilities. Just my luck. 

Dave
Send this user an email
01-07-2021, 09:41 AM,
(01-05-2021, 01:09 PM)Scud Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 02:13 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Ahh, I remember now, there are direct fire and indirect fire guns, if not labelled indirect Fire, they are direct fire only!

Thanks Mike. I don't think I've yet to play a scenario where the centrals had indirect fire capabilities. Just my luck. 

Dave

Figures, right? I think, and it's been awhile, the original creator had only direct fire, to portray the lack of very good artillery spotting at the time. When I revamped it, creating scenario's, I found this out, and added in the indirect type, so they can be addid if one wants! I think the Arras scenario has them?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue