• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 released!
11-14-2020, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:43 AM by ComradeP.)
Scheldt '44 released!
Scheldt '44 has been released!

Purchased and downloading. One can say many things about graphics, but giving the dozens of GB size downloads for many flashy mainstream titles, a 411 MB download is a blessing.

Like with some previous updates on the JTS website, the news item didn't show up when I went to the website normally, but it did show up when I clicked "home".

Looking forward to looking at the various scenarios tomorrow.
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2020, 04:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 06:21 AM by phoenix.)
RE: Scheldt '44 released!
I've bought it, downloaded, installed and just opened up the larger mapped MG scenario. Wow. The graphics are beautiful, David (without hex outlines). First time I've ever thought that about an unmodded JTS title. Crisp! Clear, pleasing to look at, natural-looking lines. Much more like a proper map than anything yet produced by JTS. The counters are crisp and beautiful too. Great job. It seems like a luxury title. Reminds me very much of the two Swarts and Didden volumes, which I have, and which (considering the price) were both certainly 'luxury' volumes. This game looks like your best yet, David (and way cheaper than either of those books!). Thanks to you and your team. Well done.
11-14-2020, 05:26 AM,
It does look fantastic. "Panzer Campaigns Platinum", anyone? Smile
11-14-2020, 05:26 AM,
Gents:  Smoke7

How do I switch the graphics to the "Gold Standard" ones?

I thought there would be an option to choose the graphics set you wish to use?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-14-2020, 06:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 06:14 AM by phoenix.)
Kool Kat. As far as the map graphics go, open the 'Map' folder from inside the main install. There's a folder in there titled 'Legacy Gold Graphics' or some such. Move that folder outside your main map folder (or copy it out) and then select and move or copy all of the files in that Legacy Graphics folder back into the main map folder, overwriting when prompted. That reverts you to Gold, I believe. Perhaps take a copy of the vanilla map folder before doing so, in case you want to go back to that (though within the main Map folder there's actually already a 'back-up' helpfully provided, called 'Hi-Res Graphics'...). I don't know whether it's possible to revert the counters etc.
11-14-2020, 07:05 AM,
Be prepared for a slogging match a great game but weather and terrain slows you down as much s the Germans do.
11-14-2020, 07:21 AM,
Just came home finally (10PM here already), purchased, downloading already!
Why it is Saturday tomorrow with all that work outside? Big Grin
11-14-2020, 10:13 AM,
(11-14-2020, 07:21 AM)Fhil Wrote: Just came home finally (10PM here already), purchased, downloading already!
Why it is Saturday tomorrow with all that work outside? Big Grin

Fhil it looks like a real good one for PBEM! Save me a spot for a game so when we get tired of playing King of the Mountain in Serbia, we can mix it up in low country. I tip my hat to the designers for another fine effort
11-14-2020, 10:20 AM,
(11-14-2020, 06:12 AM)phoenix Wrote: Kool Kat. As far as the map graphics go, open the 'Map' folder from inside the main install. There's a folder in there titled 'Legacy Gold Graphics' or some such. Move that folder outside your main map folder (or copy it out) and then select and move or copy all of the files in that Legacy Graphics folder back into the main map folder, overwriting when prompted. That reverts you to Gold, I believe. Perhaps take a copy of the vanilla map folder before doing so, in case you want to go back to that (though within the main Map folder there's actually already a 'back-up' helpfully provided, called 'Hi-Res Graphics'...). I don't know whether it's possible to revert the counters etc.

Gent:  Smoke7

Thank you for your instructions! The procedure worked and I have restored the "Gold Version" graphics to my copy of Scheldt '44.  Big Grin

As a gamer who has standardized on "Gold" - it helps me with planning and executing my turns when I can clearly distinguish terrain features - especially bridges and major rivers.

Many thanks to David and Team for providing the "Legacy Gold Graphics" as a graphic set option!  Thumbs Up
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-15-2020, 04:58 AM,
Downloaded it and played the tutorials, just to get a grip on the new graphics.
I love infantry mounted on alligators  Big Grin