• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Discord Server For the Blitz
11-09-2020, 05:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 05:28 PM by Embis.)
Discord Server For the Blitz
Hi All,
Just wanted to issue a general invite for members of the Blitz to join my "Live Fire" Discord Server.

I have set this up with the Tiller games predominantly in mind but any game where you might want to play someone live online could be played here.

For those of you unfamiliar with Discord, it Describes itself as: "the easiest way to talk over voice, video, and text. Talk, chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities."

The "Live Fire" server enables you to find an opponent who is online and set up a game using direct-play. You can then join a voice channel where you can chat with each other whilst you play your games. Its a bit more of a social experience than PBEM and it means you can often get a game finished in a single sitting, or maybe in a couple of sittings.

Another option is to set up a multiplayer game with up to 12 players. The server is organised so that once Blue and Red teams have been decided each can join its own dedicated voice channel where orders can be issued and strategy discussed with confidence that the other side isnt listening!

All games completed on the server can be reported here at the Blitz. It adds a new dimension to the Tiller Games and in these days of Covid and lockdown, its nice to make what is often a solitary hobby a bit more social:)

Apologies for the cross post but its the most efficient way to reach all interested groups

I look forward to seeing you on the field of glory!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply