• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New scenario for Kursk Southern Front: #0712_09 Prokhorovka - July 12
11-02-2020, 03:29 AM,
This Just In  New scenario for Kursk Southern Front: #0712_09 Prokhorovka - July 12
I am happy to announce the availability of a new Kursk scenario, by Alan R. Arvold. Alan has studied the battle of Prokhorovka a lot, and created a good few scenarios regarding the various battles in many game formats. 

This here is the real deal, the battle of Prokhorovka on its entirety. Not for a weak of heart, but then again, Kursk is no place for a weak heart, anyway. 

I take a bow. 

The scenario can now be found at Scenario Database: <<<HERE>>>.

Here're Alan's scenario notes:

Prokhorovka: July 12th, 1943:

(Scenario Size: Army. Head to Head or Team Play. Human vs either AI.)

This is an alternate take on the battle of Prokhorovka with a more historical order of battle for both sides. This includes more forces for the Russians that were historically present but were not used or were used with minimal effect. Among these forces is the Russian Group Trufanov. While this force historically exited off the southern edge of the board to go fight the German III. Panzerkorps, it was not released until about 12:30 hours. This gives the Russian the option of either exiting the force off the board as they did historically, for a whole lot of victory points (over 1,100), or using it to reinforce the on-board Russians if they are losing the battle point-wise.

Players will find that most units do not start at 100% strength, even "fresh units" were almost always down a few men or a few broken down vehicles. This was due to various factors such as extended time in combat, casualties from recent airstrikes, dropouts from long extended force marches (both stragglers and broken down vehicles), and the exhaustion of readily available replacements.

Although most formations start in the same location as they do in the original, some formations have changed their starting locations to where they historically were the morning of July 12th.

I also extended the game length as the fighting did indeed last until just before sunset. Although the Germans wanted to attack, and the Totenkopf division actually did, the Russian attacks threw off their attack schedules and forced them to expend most of their resources in defense instead of attacking, and this scenario will show just that.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2020, 04:30 AM,
RE: New scenario for Kursk Southern Front: #0712_09 Prokhorovka - July 12
Thanks Crossroads for posting this up!! Wink
11-02-2020, 06:47 AM,
Sure thing, J. I hope you enjoy it, I know Alan's spent years studying this particular battle.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-02-2020, 11:08 AM,
Yes he did Crossroads and its well covered under the Campaign Series.

I know this one will be tremendous and challenging under Panzer Battles!!! Big Grin Big Grin
11-02-2020, 02:15 PM,
Thanks for posting it up, sounds wonderfully large.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-03-2020, 09:45 AM,
(11-02-2020, 02:15 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Thanks for posting it up, sounds wonderfully large.

Rick

Looking forward to it!  Thanks!