• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC A/I Slider
10-31-2020, 10:28 PM,
RE: PzC A/I Slider
(10-31-2020, 12:44 PM)Strela Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 07:44 AM)Lethal Wrote: Strela

Love what you are doing with the series and Panzer Campaigns in particular.  But it is true that the PzC AI is the weak link, particularly if 91% of players are solely single player.  Games like TOAW IV have a much more powerful AI feature.

Looking forward to Scheldt '44.

Best of luck,

Hi Lethal,

Good to see a fellow Aussie here at the Blitz!

For clarification, the AI is actually quite good in PzC, if it is scripted sufficiently. The tools are there in the editor and the AI setup is much more robust than it was when the series first started. That said, the amount of scripting done comes down to the scenario designer. Bill Peters for example, did a heap of scripting for Japan '46 that helps that game play very well vs the AI. This is partly due to him scripting at a lower level (usually regimental level)- essentially for every turn. The norm is usually to put scripts in at divisional level for every five turns.

The other thing to remember is that no one has gone back and scripted titles that came out before the big AI improvements later in the series. Titles like Smolensk, Normandy etc were released before the new AI and have not been re-scripted. So there will be some variations dependent on when a title was released.

I know the recently released and upcoming titles have had a lot more work in this area and players should see the improvements when playing solo.

David

Thanks for the intel on Japan'46.
Quote this message in a reply