• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer battles demo problem
10-26-2020, 01:49 AM,
Panzer battles demo problem
Hi guys

Im new to the forum and wargames in general for that. I was looking at purchasing battles in Normandy but wanted to try the demo for panzer battles first. I followed the PDF manual for the getting started scenario but have ran into a snag. On page 11 it's says to select the units in the hex south of the barracks the highlight the top two artillery pieces until there is a yellow box around them them. After this it says to hold ctrl and right click then move crosshairs over the hex we are attacking then right click to get the target dialog box to open.

Problme I'm having is I am following instructions and can't get the dialog box to open for me? Has anybody else ran into this? I hope I explained my problem good enough lol

Thank you for any help you guys can offer a new guy

Jeremy
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2020, 01:55 AM,
RE: Panzer battles demo problem
[Image: b523f0b4b198212195206.0048890001326794896.gif]
10-26-2020, 02:17 AM,
Welcome to our club and to JTS wargames.

The Demo is a very good "game" by itself.

Glad to hear that you are starting out with the Getting Started scenario, as that is a good way to get into things.

From what I can tell, you are not doing anything wrong.

When I try to do what the walk-through suggests, I get a message displayed in the very bottom left of the screen that says "Line-Of-Sight is blocked by terrain at (8,8).

So in this situation, their is no target dialog box, because your guns can't see any targets.

The walk-though instruction is incorrect, and you are not doing anything wrong. Smile
10-26-2020, 02:22 AM,
Thank you for the welcome guys and wow that was quick to my question

Cheers compass rose, being new to this I was thinking I'm doing something wrong I know I am. I'm glad to see that I wasn't :)
10-26-2020, 02:52 AM,
You are more than welcome.

Feel free to post any question you like.

And just remember, there is no dumb question!   Helmet Wink 

Good Luck!

Chad
10-26-2020, 12:22 PM,
Hi there,

I have worked out what the issue is. We used a new map in the Demo vs the old map that was used in Kursk for this Getting Started scenario. There is now some blocking terrain that is causing issues. I need 24 hours to correct the map and post it here. I will then update the Demo exe so that all can get the right version.

Thanks for pointing out the issue!

David
10-26-2020, 06:10 PM,
This is a classic example of why it is always good to ask questions if you find an issue you can't resolve.  Wink
10-26-2020, 10:09 PM,
Hi strela,

Thank you for the quick reply my friend. I am purchasing battles for Normandy today also

Jeremy