• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!)
10-24-2020, 06:55 AM,
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!)
IMHO the new hi-res Scheldt are the worst of the bunch. They are very hard to determine what type of terrain is around the State Farm . While the Secondary Roads graphics are better the Med Bridge graphics are almost impossible to see. On the plus side elevation changes are much easier to see.
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2020, 07:56 AM,
I'm with the older Kursk graphics.
I'm a bit biased since my mod is based on it (although a lighter version)
It seems to me to be more of a natural map than the original and gold versions. Plus I can see the elevations much easier with the Kursk graphics.
The newer map graphics look good and I'm glad your dumping the little bubble in the hex.
Being new to the series, I really can't complain. At least the series is being updated.
10-24-2020, 09:07 AM,
Now if you wanted to see what graphics used to be, just look for the 1972 SPI Kursk game.
10-24-2020, 11:09 AM,
TBH I am looking forward to seeing the Scheldt 44 map and icons. I tend to like the clearer looking maps and I think the sharper icons will be a winner. I thought that PC counter and map games went through a confusing stage of trying to look 3d which was a retrograde step compared to the classic board game look. But each to there own in this instance. At least these things are still in the range of talented modders.
10-24-2020, 08:23 PM,
Gold updates are amazing, so are the maps introduced with them. Scheldt '44 is looking even better.