• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!)
10-21-2020, 12:56 PM,
I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!)
I jumped in because I thought it would be some sort of major improvement. For me it wasn't. The maps are all the same and horribly drab. I've reinstalled the old HPS versions but their site no longer has the scenario downloads and all the other goodies they used to have. Volcano Man mods doesn't seem to exist anymore either. Any suggestions about where to get scenarios and artwork? Thanks. jonny Propeller Hat
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2020, 01:36 PM,
RE: I went Gold! (and boy am I sorry!)
I think I still have all the Volcano Man Mod zip files. Which ones do you want?

I assume you realise that not going Gold means you will be stuck with outdated versions and of course, unless you intend to play exclusively against the AI, you will struggle to find opponents. And the Gold verisons do include the Volcano Man Alt scenarios - just not the Art Work.
10-21-2020, 01:44 PM,
I am not sure what you are referring to about the Gold games being poor updates. I had all the old HPS versions with every Mapmod and Volcano Man mods, then updated to Gold a few months ago. The Gold editions are by far so much better than the old versions. There are still mods that can be used to suit your personal preferences but the Gold games are indeed better.
10-21-2020, 05:54 PM,
(10-21-2020, 12:56 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: I jumped in because I thought it would be some sort of major improvement. For me it wasn't. The maps are all the same and horribly drab. I've reinstalled the old HPS versions but their site no longer has the scenario downloads and all the other goodies they used to have. Volcano Man mods doesn't seem to exist anymore either. Any suggestions about where to get scenarios and artwork? Thanks. jonny Propeller Hat

Was this a new installation or a patch?

Sounds like something is missing as all the Volcano Man scenarios are included etc.

Check the Tiller site for examples of the Gold graphics and check you have the same. The pre Gold were very drab etc.

Also note that we will be updating all the series again with the hi-res graphics after Scheldt ‘44 come out and that will be a further improvement. Those updates will be over time, not immediately.

David
10-21-2020, 06:19 PM,
(10-21-2020, 05:54 PM)Strela Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 12:56 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: I jumped in because I thought it would be some sort of major improvement. For me it wasn't. The maps are all the same and horribly drab. I've reinstalled the old HPS versions but their site no longer has the scenario downloads and all the other goodies they used to have. Volcano Man mods doesn't seem to exist anymore either. Any suggestions about where to get scenarios and artwork? Thanks. jonny Propeller Hat

Was this a new installation or a patch?

Sounds like something is missing as all the Volcano Man scenarios are included etc.

Check the Tiller site for examples of the Gold graphics and check you have the same. The pre Gold were very drab etc.

Also note that we will be updating all the series again with the hi-res graphics after Scheldt ‘44 come out and that will be a further improvement. Those updates will be over time, not immediately.

David

New graphics are absolutely great!  Helmet Smile Looking forward to the Scheldt and to have them in all the rest as well!
10-21-2020, 09:13 PM,
(10-21-2020, 01:36 PM)Green Wrote: I think I still have all the Volcano Man Mod zip files. Which ones do you want?

I assume you realise that not going Gold means you will be stuck with outdated versions and of course, unless you intend to play exclusively against the AI, you will struggle to find opponents. And the Gold verisons do include the Volcano Man Alt scenarios - just not the Art Work.
Thanks Green. I play mostly First World War Campaigns. I just like the old maps and artwork. I don't understand how anyone likes the new maps; they are all the same. Anyway could you send me Bulge 44, Minsk 44, Moscow 41 and France 40? I really appreciate your help. jonny Rolling Eyes
10-21-2020, 10:22 PM,
(10-21-2020, 09:13 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 01:36 PM)Green Wrote: I think I still have all the Volcano Man Mod zip files. Which ones do you want?

Thanks Green. I play mostly First World War Campaigns. I just like the old maps and artwork. I don't understand how anyone likes the new maps; they are all the same. Anyway could you send me Bulge 44, Minsk 44, Moscow 41 and France 40? I really appreciate your help. jonny Rolling Eyes

Love most of the improvements for the Gold versions and certainly the new rules and such but very much in agreement about the maps, Without a doubt I would like to play the gold versions but keep the old maps.
10-22-2020, 01:08 AM,
(10-21-2020, 09:13 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Thanks Green. I play mostly First World War Campaigns. I just like the old maps and artwork. I don't understand how anyone likes the new maps; they are all the same. Anyway could you send me Bulge 44, Minsk 44, Moscow 41 and France 40? I really appreciate your help. jonny Rolling Eyes

Here is a link. Any problems, let me know.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
10-22-2020, 03:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2020, 03:05 AM by Lowlander.)

Read this thread https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=73510
Send me a email if you require a copy.
10-22-2020, 03:34 AM,
I don't care for the NEW Maps either.  So I just copy the old maps from the Disks of the old games.  I still have the Gold with just a better looking Map.    Wink