• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why can't I assault this hex?
01-01-2016, 02:24 AM,
RE: Why can't I assault this hex?
The German infantry units in the scenario have organic transport in the unit.  So they do have to go on foot to enter the RR embankment hex.

The Allied infantry are already foot infantry.

KGRangerBooBoo was not specific which side he was playing to assault the village.  I assumed it was the attacking Allied force.  I could have been wrong in that assumption.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2016, 03:11 AM,
(01-01-2016, 02:24 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: The German infantry units in the scenario have organic transport in the unit.  So they do have to go on foot to enter the RR embankment hex.

The Allied infantry are already foot infantry.

KGRangerBooBoo was not specific which side he was playing to assault the village.  I assumed it was the attacking Allied force.  I could have been wrong in that assumption.

Dog Soldier

I was the German mounting a counterattack to retake the hex as it is a VP hex.
01-01-2016, 03:19 AM,
Well I put my two German units "on foot" and it allowed the assault.  The rail hex in itself doesn't make it an embankment but looking at the elevation for the hex does show the 50+5 which I assume does make it an embankment?  Not all the reail hexes have the elevation listed as such so I'm assuming they don't have the embankment feature?
01-01-2016, 03:50 AM,
You can see the embankment in your pic, I think, which was why I suggested going on foot. The graphic for embanked rail is different to ordinary rail.

Peter
10-20-2020, 06:34 AM,
Thanks for this thread! I was just wondering the same. This should be in the manual!