• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Seeking Napoleonic Mentor and Opponent (Closed)
10-14-2020, 03:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 04:35 AM by 2-81 Armor.)
Opponent Needed  Seeking Napoleonic Mentor and Opponent (Closed)
I'm looking for an opponent who is willing to teach me the ropes with the Napoleonic system.

I'm not a complete newbie when it comes to Tiller's Black Powder games, since I play the American Civil War series pretty extensively via PBEM, and I'm very comfortable with it.

When it comes to the Napoleonics I'm familiar with the basics of the games, and have played a little over the years vs the AI, but only once PBEM. I am aware that there are subtle differences between the two systems, and that's where I need some education and help.

I've never been a cut-throat or win at all costs type. Instead, I like to play for the immersion into an era, and try to use period tactics and maneuvers. Therefore you won't find me attempting to play like it's Panzer or Modern Campaigns transported into the 19th Century.

Games I have: Austerlitz, Wagram, Waterloo, 1814, Leipzig, Eylau, and Republican Bayonets. Any side is fine with me. I can usually do 1 (sometimes 2) turns a day (I'm retired now), and for time/turn coordination I'm located on the East Coast, USA.

I'd like to start with something small to medium in size, and gradually work up.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2020, 08:18 PM,
RE: Seeking Napoleonic Mentor and Opponent
PM sent.
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply