• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NA´41 - Crusader - Sidi Rezegh scenario problem
10-13-2020, 04:57 PM,
Help  NA´41 - Crusader - Sidi Rezegh scenario problem
Gentlemen,

this is directed to the designer team, but also others might check if they have it the same. Yesterday, me and my opponent started the given scenario - he as Allies has the first turn. 

Watching the battle replay, everything seems fine, objectives on the map have their values - 250,500,100pts etc. While my turn is loading, I see they all switch to 0 value and they remain so. Even in the objectives list.

Ran a little test, launched the scenario in Two-Player-Hot-Seat mode, results are the same. While in the Allied turn, everything is fine, once it switches to the Axis turn, all objectives go to 0 value :/

Not sure if this is after some update, ´cause I see some reported games of this scenario, or this problem is solely on my side. Can you check that out please?
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2020, 07:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 07:54 PM by Steel God.)
RE: NA´41 - Crusader - Sidi Rezegh scenario problem
(10-13-2020, 04:57 PM)Fhil Wrote: Gentlemen,

this is directed to the designer team, but also others might check if they have it the same. Yesterday, me and my opponent started the given scenario - he as Allies has the first turn. 

Watching the battle replay, everything seems fine, objectives on the map have their values - 250,500,100pts etc. While my turn is loading, I see they all switch to 0 value and they remain so. Even in the objectives list.

Ran a little test, launched the scenario in Two-Player-Hot-Seat mode, results are the same. While in the Allied turn, everything is fine, once it switches to the Axis turn, all objectives go to 0 value :/

Not sure if this is after some update, ´cause I see some reported games of this scenario, or this problem is solely on my side. Can you check that out please?

Same exact problem in a game of the scenario for Operation Brevity.  Since both my opponent and I are brand new to PzB we were wondering if that's "working as designed" for this game?  (Allies "know" what their objectives are, Axis less so), but we couldn't find anything in the rules that addressed it.  After a while I just told him what the value of all the objectives were so he could plan accordingly.

(I have a secondary issue with the scenario where an entire Battalion and it's support elements are fixed and likely to remain so the entire game as their release date and time was on turn 1.....why have fixed units release on turn 1 anyway?).
10-13-2020, 08:21 PM,
(10-13-2020, 07:53 PM)Steel God Wrote:

Same exact problem in a game of the scenario for Operation Brevity.  Since both my opponent and I are brand new to PzB we were wondering if that's "working as designed" for this game?  (Allies "know" what their objectives are, Axis less so), but we couldn't find anything in the rules that addressed it.  After a while I just told him what the value of all the objectives were so he could plan accordingly.

(I have a secondary issue with the scenario where an entire Battalion and it's support elements are fixed and likely to remain so the entire game as their release date and time was on turn 1.....why have fixed units release on turn 1 anyway?).

We have played operation Brevity, but there was no such a problem. Although, we were playing the variable victory points system, not sure which one do you play.
10-14-2020, 03:02 PM,

See page 20 in the Users manual. This is working as it should. Only the first player will see the values, the second player sees 0.  From the manual:

In examples 2 & 3, the values shown are the impact on the overall VP total. With only the first player accruing victory points for objectives, the Axis player only see the values as 0 in his turn

This was new with North Africa, and is different from PzC. Basically, it was a tweak around FoW and objectives, to go with the new ways of setting up objectives.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-14-2020, 07:23 PM,
Never stumbled upon that, my bad! That solves the thing then, thank you very much!

Meanwhile, I would like to catch this thing and continue a little different way. 

So, with both this system and the Variable Victory Points objectives too, the FOW is an important part of it. Yet, during the Replays of enemy side, all values are visible to the player. Especially in smaller scenario with a smaller map, one cannot simple restrict his eyes from seeing those values while watching the opoonent´s units´ action  Big Grin The FOW regarding these values is then broken, cancelling the overal intent. 

Take for example the Ed Duda scenario, where the Allies are attacking the Axis. There are two objectives. They are 0 pts for Axis side per turn, but, as this is a small map, you can clearly see that the crossroads objective is worth 5 points per turn to the Allies, the other one is 10 points per turn. You simple cannot unsee it there while watching the replay. Than it´s your turn, and the objective shows - 0/?. No use, as you already know the values and you can calculate your next steps. 

One can argue, that you can check these values by opening the scenario so or so, but, what´s the point in case you don´t want to use such cheating? :/ That is the idea behind it right? You can also calculate it´s value by checking the Victory Dialog and see how many points were added to the enemy, but with more objectives on the map, that would take time, and it can be also considered as not being intended to proceed this way.

I suggest it could be fixed sometime in the future, as it unluckily cancels-out this amazing concepts.