• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Adjust movement speed (Talonsoft Gold CDs)
10-12-2020, 06:10 AM,
Adjust movement speed (Talonsoft Gold CDs)
Hello folks, I hope you've all been in good health.

I was pleasantly surprised my Win10 rig installed my TALONSOFT Gold CDs of West Front 2, East Front 2, and Rising Sun 2. They're up and running but a problem I'm having is unit movement is agonizingly slow, and when I have fast movement enabled, they're too quick. Any of you folks know how to adjust the movement speed?

I also own the Matrix collection of this series and the movement at normal speed is perfect. However, the Matrix versions do not have the intro movies and background music that I yearn for during a game.
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2020, 01:24 AM,
RE: Adjust movement speed (Talonsoft Gold CDs)
I believe there is a drop down menu that permits players to toggle between slow unit movement and fast unit movement.
10-13-2020, 03:51 AM,
RE: Adjust movement speed (Talonsoft Gold CDs)
(10-13-2020, 01:24 AM)Nort Wrote: I believe there is a drop down menu that permits players to toggle between slow unit movement and fast unit movement.

There is, but computer speeds have increased so greatly since the Windows 98 days (when the Talonsoft game was made over [yikes] 20 years ago) that using anything other than the default slow speed is way too fast. I remember that happening when XP came out, but I think that was around the time Talonsoft went belly-up(?) So nothing was done about it until Matrix released their version and the current speed slider was added to address the problem.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email