• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Recent Events
10-02-2020, 07:43 AM,
News  Recent Events
Some of you may have noticed that The Blitz's website was taken offline last weekend by our website host. We discovered through them that the registered account owner wasn't responding to their requests for hosting payments.

This event put into motion staff efforts to reach the Blitz owner and treasurer, Jim von Krieg. Jim was not answering any emails, nor was he responding to anyone through his Facebook page. To make matters worse, the host will ONLY take payments from Jim, though they were kind enough to give us an extra month of hosting while we continued to track down Jim.

Sadly, through Jim's sister, we were informed that Jim is going through some serious health issues since early this summer. In the short term he is unable to handle or worry about the problems concerning our site. We asked his sister to convey our thoughts and prayers. We hope he'll be back at some point in the future. We owe Jim a debt of gratitude, for his military service, and also for his gift of this club.

So... the host won't accept payments from us and only Jim has control over where the domain name points (which host). The consensus among staff was to register a new domain name and transfer the site to a new hosting company. From this point forward, if you go to the old site, theBlitz.org, you will automatically be transferred here and you'll need to log in. After that, nothing else has changed, it's business as usual. When Jim is able to return, we'll discuss whether to reinstate the old name, go solely with the new or both (one site name being an alias or shortcut to the other).

I recommend everyone change their bookmarks to the new domain name theBlitz.club. In a few weeks, the old site will go offline and there will be no more redirect, so please make a note and tell your opponents.

In the meantime, you might experience some bugs. You can email or PM anything you find to me or use the "Contact Us" link in the top nav and our webmaster Raz, will look into it.

Lastly, I'd be remiss if I didn't also mention what a HUGE help Raz has been this past week getting us through this. Without Raz I'm not sure we could have recovered.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2020, 12:06 AM,
RE: Recent Events
I hope everything works out ok with Jim's health issues.  It sucks,  I know.  I've had to constantly deal with my own as well as my wife's recently.  She is recovering from her second leg surgery for blockage in two weeks.  It seems to have worked this time.  I'm not much help with only the use of one arm and one gimpy leg, but, I do what I can and try what I can't do.  She gripes at me.  But, I tell her I don't know if I can or can't do something if I don't try.  I'm ok until she starts getting around better.  Then I can only try something when she is not home.  Big Grin 

Anyway, one thing I have noticed is when reading a thread, I used to click back page and it would show where I was just read.  The arrow would clear.  It doesn't do that now.  I have to go to the main page and then go back in to read the next post in the section.  It is just extra clicks, but, I liked it the way it was.  I don't know if anybody else has the same situation or just me.
10-03-2020, 01:58 AM,
(10-02-2020, 07:43 AM)Scud Wrote: Some of you may have noticed that The Blitz's website was taken offline last weekend by our website host. We discovered through them that the registered account owner wasn't responding to their requests for hosting payments.

This event put into motion staff efforts to reach the Blitz owner and treasurer, Jim von Krieg. Jim was not answering any emails, nor was he responding to anyone through his Facebook page. To make matters worse, the host will ONLY take payments from Jim, though they were kind enough to give us an extra month of hosting while we continued to track down Jim.

Sadly, through Jim's sister, we were informed that Jim is going through some serious health issues since early this summer. In the short term he is unable to handle or worry about the problems concerning our site. We asked his sister to convey our thoughts and prayers. We hope he'll be back at some point in the future. We owe Jim a debt of gratitude, for his military service, and also for his gift of this club.

So... the host won't accept payments from us and only Jim has control over where the domain name points (which host). The consensus among staff was to register a new domain name and transfer the site to a new hosting company. From this point forward, if you go to the old site, theBlitz.org, you will automatically be transferred here and you'll need to log in. After that, nothing else has changed, it's business as usual. When Jim is able to return, we'll discuss whether to reinstate the old name, go solely with the new or both (one site name being an alias or shortcut to the other).

I recommend everyone change their bookmarks to the new domain name theBlitz.club. In a few weeks, the old site will go offline and there will be no more redirect, so please make a note and tell your opponents.

In the meantime, you might experience some bugs. You can email or PM anything you find to me or use the "Contact Us" link in the top nav and our webmaster Raz, will look into it.

Lastly, I'd be remiss if I didn't also mention what a HUGE help Raz has been this past week getting us through this. Without Raz I'm not sure we could have recovered.

Dave

Oh my, that’s awful news, hopefully Jim will be able to recover. 

Thanks for everyone at admin team for your work to keep this wonderful club going.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-03-2020, 01:59 AM,
(10-03-2020, 12:06 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Anyway, one thing I have noticed is when reading a thread, I used to click back page and it would show where I was just read.  The arrow would clear.  It doesn't do that now.  I have to go to the main page and then go back in to read the next post in the section.  It is just extra clicks, but, I liked it the way it was.  I don't know if anybody else has the same situation or just me.

I've passed it on to Raz. I know he updated the bulletin board software to their current version. Not sure if that's their doing or something Raz can fix.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-03-2020, 10:48 PM,
Thanks.
10-03-2020, 10:59 PM,
Was told my SB Korean War mod link didn't work, so had to re-enter the link, just be aware this might be for ALL links to mods, etc.?!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-04-2020, 01:38 AM,
(10-03-2020, 10:59 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Was told my SB Korean War mod link didn't work, so had to re-enter the link, just be aware this might be for ALL links to mods, etc.?!

Thanks, I noticed the Downloads link in the top nav is broken. Might be related. I've passed it on.

Dave
Send this user an email
10-04-2020, 06:06 AM,
Thank you, David, for all you've done and did.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard