• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updates to Campaign Series. What is the current timeline?
09-30-2020, 06:08 AM,
Updates to Campaign Series. What is the current timeline?
I saw the wish list thread at Matrix, and I'm wondering where Rising Sun/Pacific Front fits in the schedule at the moment. Probably the end of the line since it's not as popular a subject as some others.

I have been doing a lot of research since purchasing Japan 45. And I have come to the conclusion that I want a smaller hex size, as well as the ability to make my own maps. 

Anyway. If it's going to be a while before any major upgrade I'll wait and see if the current version goes on sale at Matrix for the holidays.
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2020, 08:05 AM,
RE: Updates to Campaign Series. What is the current timeline?
(09-30-2020, 06:08 AM)Mit Sigel Wrote: I saw the wish list thread at Matrix, and I'm wondering where Rising Sun/Pacific Front fits in the schedule at the moment. Probably the end of the line since it's not as popular a subject as some others.

I have been doing a lot of research since purchasing Japan 45. And I have come to the conclusion that I want a smaller hex size, as well as the ability to make my own maps. 

Anyway. If it's going to be a while before any major upgrade I'll wait and see if the current version goes  on sale at Matrix for the holidays.

You could get that, and check into the Squad Battles series, they are 40 meter hexes, there are a couple titles dealing with the Pacific!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
09-30-2020, 10:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2020, 10:37 AM by Mit Sigel. Edit Reason: clarity )
(09-30-2020, 08:05 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 06:08 AM)Mit Sigel Wrote: I saw the wish list thread at Matrix, and I'm wondering where Rising Sun/Pacific Front fits in the schedule at the moment. Probably the end of the line since it's not as popular a subject as some others.

Anyway. If it's going to be a while before any major upgrade I'll wait and see if the current version goes  on sale at Matrix for the holidays.

You could get that, and check into the Squad Battles series, they are 40 meter hexes, there are a couple titles dealing with the Pacific!!

Haven't played squad level since the last century. Played Steel Panthers to death.

But since then, I like a slightly bigger piece of territory to see the shape of the problem. Campaign Series at 250 meters seems to be as good as it gets for WW2 Pacific.
10-07-2020, 05:43 AM,

Anyway. If it's going to be a while before any major upgrade I'll wait and see if the current version goes  on sale at Matrix for the holidays.

I can pretty much guarantee it will be awhile. They're busy with Viet Nam, then I think EF III is scheduled for after that.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-07-2020, 07:07 AM,
Yeah Vietnam was supposed to be out almost a year and a half ago they need to release it to me it seems like they are trying to make perfect the enemy of the good because the 1st installment of the next East front was supposed to be out by now also.
10-08-2020, 04:30 AM,
No, we're not trying to make it perfect... that's a pipe dream.

We are taking the series to a whole new level. We have made so many changes and improvements, it is essential to "Get it right" from the first release of Vietnam, as these changes and improvements will be the basis of all the games going forward. 

The scripted AI is another massive new addition. As 97% of our customers (based on our polls) will play against the AI, a massive effort has been spent on making HAL a worthy opponent and clever enough to do what is necessary in the extremely complex theatre that Vietnam is. 

What does that mean?

A lot of time coding, scripting, testing.... testing some more... and testing again. Followed by repeating the process over and over again.

We are trying to avoid releasing a buggy mess. That does take longer than originally planned, of course....

We do appreciate your patience. The series is going to a whole new world.
Send this user an email
10-08-2020, 08:01 AM,
Thanks, Jason.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-08-2020, 09:14 AM,
Yes thanks Jason!

Make it right, make it whole!! 

Do what needs to be done. No bugs just solid playtime!! Big Grin
10-11-2020, 01:37 AM,
Jason is just a slacking arse bastage.... petty excuses for draggin out Nam...  :)
He knows so many of us are burning candles at both ends, on EF3.... that Canukian fecker... hope it's snowing on you this weekend!

You know I'm gonna flatten yer Saaby tyres, when they open the border..

Luv ya bro!   Waiting

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard