• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Faster gameplay
06-02-2020, 10:41 AM,
c_Question Mark  Faster gameplay
Gentlemen,
is there any good way to speed up the complete gameplay?

Haven't measured it but comparing PC to the Civil War or Napoleonic Battles series it seems to take twice as long(if not longer) to fire your own unit and for the possible AI defensive fire. With the large campaign scenarios that are much bigger then anything the other series can provide it seems that a lot time is wasted by the bad timing that the PC series provides here. If it would be fast as the CW or Napy series one could literally save days when playing a campaign scenario.
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2020, 01:26 PM,
RE: Faster gameplay
Don't know against a person. Against ai, they have the fast ai in the menu. Against a person, just skip the replay and make your decisions. More fun that way. No Cdr has ever had the intel to peruse and then go for it. Especially, at two hour turns. They would have time before invasions, not after it starts.
06-02-2020, 03:40 PM,
Select A/I from the drop down menu, select/tick Fast A/I processing, and yes it works watching PBEM file turn replay, no sound except during close assaults.
06-02-2020, 05:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 09:20 PM by KAreil.)
For me FastAI is too fast.

Following works for me in PzC, MC, FWWC and PzB:

During the enemy turn replay I use F7 to speed up by increments until fast enough for me. When continuing right away with my turn (no saving and later loading or at least not closing the program) it will still be that fast with all the animations. IIRC you also have to disable the soundeffects in PzC because otherwise it will play the sound files with normal speed and you have to wait, PzB I think plays them faster in that situation.

It would be great if F7 would work in your own turn but currently it doesn't.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
06-02-2020, 06:15 PM,
Shading something (command range, reachable hexes and so on) causes delays during movement, highlighting usually doesn't. I tend to play with reachable hexes on, and the delays when zoomed out or zoomed in are significant. At "normal" zoom levels, there is usually no delay.

The tip about fast-forwarding the replay and maintaining the increased speed is good. There are disadvantages, such as not being able to see the results of plotted artillery/air strikes that occur at the start of a turn (FWWC, Panzer Battles) at higher speeds, but it works well.

Sometimes I watch the replay twice, the first time fast-forwarded at several times normal speed and the second time fast-forwarded until near the end of the replay when I switch to normal speed and then slightly fast-forwarded speed.
09-24-2020, 04:40 AM,
It seems most people are talking about speeding up either replay's or the AI turn, but like the original poster I am trying to figure out to speed up my turn. If you target a stack the firing seems to take several seconds and then defensive fire of course just adds to that. Basically if the AI firing can move fast why can't the offensive firing?

I think turning sound effects off helps, but is that all that can be done? Thanks.
09-25-2020, 03:36 AM,
I dont think there is a way to speed up your own turn except like I have described in my last post. If you play your turn immedeately after the sped up replay the animations are still fast.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
09-25-2020, 12:50 PM,
(09-25-2020, 03:36 AM)KAreil Wrote: I dont think there is a way to speed up your own turn except like I have described in my last post. If you play your turn immedeately after the sped up replay the animations are still fast.

Interesting.  Okay thank you.
09-26-2020, 04:02 AM,
(09-25-2020, 03:36 AM)KAreil Wrote: I dont think there is a way to speed up your own turn except like I have described in my last post. If you play your turn immedeately after the sped up replay the animations are still fast.

You are right this works really well for email turns.   I haven't been able to make it work for single player unfortunately.  It would be really really nice to have an option to turn this on for single player.  It would save a ton of time.