• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns Scheldt '44 - New WDS Post
10-13-2020, 01:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 01:30 AM by greywulf31.)
RE: Panzer Campaigns Scheldt '44 - New WDS Post
(09-23-2020, 11:51 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi All,

We have just posted some more information on Scheldt '44 here; Link to WDS Blog Post

Thanks,

David

Any idea of a release date?
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2020, 08:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2020, 08:13 AM by Xaver.)
At the risk to finish in a penal battalion... i prefer now title release be in Christmas because with a little luck Santa Tiller could give us a "gift" like last year  Big Grin2

And returning to the thread... something i allways want ask but never remeber do it. The Market Garden scen in Scheltd44 is going to be different to the MG44 title (17 years since title release) and i am curious about changes in OOB and scen things like the map orientation you said in the blog post or the Irregular units we can see in the screenshots.

Thank you and good luck  Helmet Wink
10-14-2020, 12:01 AM,
(10-13-2020, 08:11 AM)Xaver Wrote: At the risk to finish in a penal battalion... i prefer now title release be in Christmas because with a little luck Santa Tiller could give us a "gift" like last year  Big Grin2

And returning to the thread... something i allways want ask but never remeber do it. The Market Garden scen in Scheltd44 is going to be different to the MG44 title (17 years since title release) and i am curious about changes in OOB and scen things like the map orientation you said in the blog post or the Irregular units we can see in the screenshots.

Hey Xaver,

We are down to finishing the design notes and a few other little odds and ends. Ultimately it will be done when it is done, but hopefully you wouldn't have to wait that long!

The difference in map orientation is that in MG '44 the top map edge is northeast while in our new scenario the top edge is north.

Most of the irregulars in the screenshot belong to the AS/GL shelter Overpelt, which mobilized ten companies. With the arrival of the Guards Armoured Division on September 10th-11th, the Overpelt companies were ordered to patrol the the Bocholt-Herentals Canal on XXX Corps' flanks. They held the canal for a week before being relieved by regular Allied troops. They play only a bit role in the Market Garden scenario, being withdrawn on the second day as VIII Corps troops are released/arriving. The actions of AS/GL Shelter Overpelt are recounted in L’armée secrète: historique de la Zone II  by Noel Cerfont.

-Mike P
10-14-2020, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-14-2020, 01:13 PM by greywulf31.)
We are down to finishing the design notes and a few other little odds and ends. Ultimately it will be done when it is done, but hopefully you wouldn't have to wait that long!
(10-14-2020, 12:01 AM)Mike Prucha Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 08:11 AM)Xaver Wrote: At the risk to finish in a penal battalion... i prefer now title release be in Christmas because with a little luck Santa Tiller could give us a "gift" like last year  Big Grin2

Hey Xaver,

The difference in map orientation is that in MG '44 the top map edge is northeast while in our new scenario the top edge is north.

Most of the irregulars in the screenshot belong to the AS/GL shelter Overpelt, which mobilized ten companies. With the arrival of the Guards Armoured Division on September 10th-11th, the Overpelt companies were ordered to patrol the the Bocholt-Herentals Canal on XXX Corps' flanks. They held the canal for a week before being relieved by regular Allied troops. They play only a bit role in the Market Garden scenario, being withdrawn on the second day as VIII Corps troops are released/arriving. The actions of AS/GL Shelter Overpelt are recounted in L’armée secrète: historique de la Zone II  by Noel Cerfont.

-Mike P

It's ready when it's ready is the way it should be without a doubt. I hope not to long I am excited for the new improvements to Panzer Campaigns in Scheldt '44 and hopefully it won't be to long before those improvements are put in the rest of the Panzer Campaign series.
10-15-2020, 06:50 AM,
Thanks Mike, i refer more to the changes in OOB apart the use of irregular troops, maybe a more refined OOB in all areas.

Well, after a non summer release a december-january release for me sounds fine and you can have extra time to finish game  Helmet Wink

Anyway better have it 100% late.

PD: do you have in mind another west title??? i think you are going to leave the Low Countries area in your next job but you look more confortable in the west  Whistle