• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated
09-16-2020, 08:14 AM,
RE: Rommel Takes The Suez Canal Version 2.0 Updated
(09-15-2020, 01:36 PM)KimRussell Wrote: If one of the many downloaded scenarios includes A Blunt Battleaxe, the zip file for that scenario contains platoon02.obx and platoon02.oob which seem to cause the crash after they've replaced the official files of those names. I've also seen some other odd behaviors since picking up those files. You can probably do a new install into another directory and copy those two files from the new install into the older install, saving all of your custom scenarios (I went the other way and copied the problem files into a working install and made it crash). I suspect that this change will break A Blunt Battleaxe, but haven't verified that.

Nice! I'm amazed you were able to troubleshoot that.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2020, 12:30 PM,
Good info. But I don't have that one downloaded. I will need to do a side by side comparison to see what file I'm missing.
09-17-2020, 07:26 AM,
(09-16-2020, 12:30 PM)zap Wrote: Good info. But I don't have that one downloaded. I will need to do a side by side comparison to see what file I'm missing.

I had luck just sorting the files in the failing directory by date and looking for anything that seemed out of place.  That won't work if it's a missing file, though.