• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Coming out of retirement
09-11-2020, 01:28 AM,
Help  Coming out of retirement
Hello, all. I guess my last reported game was in 2008! As I have way too much time on my hands at the moment, I was clearing off my desk in the dining room and came across my old gaming CDs. I've slept since 2008 so I have some questions. Should I try these CDs (Europe in Flames-2 CDs, Rising sun, West and East Front gold) or just digital download new? Also found all my Combat Mission CDs too!
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2020, 05:14 AM,
RE: Coming out of retirement
Welcome back!

The old Talonsoft CDs probably won't work anymore with the new Windows operating system, plus I doubt anyone here still has them I recommend you buy the latest from Matrix Games: https://www.matrixgames.com/game/john-ti...ign-series. Make sure you patch to the latest.

A LOT has changed. All the old scenarios are included and we still have tons of custom scenarios here at the Blitz. Expect a little bit of learning curve, but it's pretty much the same game you originally fell in love with with a few bells, whistles, and fixes.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-12-2020, 03:19 AM,
Welcome back! Wow! Shocked

Yes, purchase the Matrix CS. Fire up a game in any genre.
Let the Roadrunner and Coyote battle again! Pirate Duel2

Farmer

Meep meep!

HSL
09-12-2020, 03:46 AM,
I'll be damned! Some of the old farts ARE still around! I found my old Europe in Flames manual and relearning the game.
09-12-2020, 04:23 AM,
Welcome back from another old fart!! Good to see you Coyote!!

You'll like the new stuff over the old disks. I have the old WF Battle Pack loaded on my Windows98 machine and oddly enough this morning I was fiddling around with it. I have scenarios in there from 2006. Man has that game changed for the better with the latest version from Matrix.

Good luck getting up to speed!! Wink
09-12-2020, 08:48 AM,
My 2 Cents  RE: Coming out of retirement
Well.. there went the neighborhood,.. again!   Jester

The Asylum is always open, once crazy, always crazy.. ey?

WB, man!

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-12-2020, 10:12 AM,
Welcome back W. E. Coyote!
09-13-2020, 04:54 AM,
Hello, Hawk, Ivan! ....and oh crap....Devil still here. LOL
09-16-2020, 10:08 PM,
WOW, a blast from the past. Has to be at least 15 years ! Hope all is well. You were always a great opponent !!
09-18-2020, 02:10 AM,
(09-11-2020, 01:28 AM)General Wile E. Coyote Wrote: Hello, all. I guess my last reported game was in 2008! As I have way too much time on my hands at the moment, I was clearing off my desk in the dining room and came across my old gaming CDs. I've slept since 2008 so I have some questions. Should I try these CDs (Europe in Flames-2 CDs, Rising sun, West and East Front gold) or just digital download new? Also found all my Combat Mission CDs too!

Great to see you back!
definitely get the matrix download, I loved and still have all my old disk but the download is so much better