• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

7 Years War Update
09-06-2020, 12:42 AM,
7 Years War Update
Hello, d/l the 1.04 update for 7YW,  fantastic job on the 3d Units!!

Noted a couple of bugs:

1) ammo wagons cannot move....

2) dismounted dragoons display a full size infantry battalion in line!!
( I believe this is a bug and not a budget constraint as one of the unit  3D graphics files in the MAP folder HAS dismounted dragoon graphics...So they exist but are just not coded right or something)

Great update!!
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2020, 03:04 AM,
RE: 7 Years War Update
(09-06-2020, 12:42 AM)TheGrayMouser Wrote: Hello, d/l the 1.04 update for 7YW,  fantastic job on the 3d Units!!

Noted a couple of bugs:

1) ammo wagons cannot move....

2) dismounted dragoons display a full size infantry battalion in line!!
( I believe this is a bug and not a budget constraint as one of the unit  3D graphics files in the MAP folder HAS dismounted dragoon graphics...So they exist but are just not coded right or something)

Great update!!

Agree totally with the 3D units compliment.

The flags struck me right away for some reason but the variety of uniforms is quite something.
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
09-06-2020, 07:59 AM,
There was an error introduced with the wagons, I believe a "fixed" patch has been released, so download that and that should take care of it.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
09-07-2020, 12:39 AM,
Speaking of bugs, is it intentional that Prussian artillery units at Kunersdorf are only worth 3 VP? They seem to be 15-20 in most other scenarios.
11-14-2020, 03:46 AM,
I am interested in this title as well. Has the bugs been fixed?

And how long is the longest campaign?

And is it somewhat playable against AI?

Thx in Advance and greetings from Bavaria :-)
11-15-2020, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 05:46 PM by neonlicht.)
Re: playing against the AI on v.1.04, here's my (limited) experience:

1. I noticed some scenarios that ship with the game have no AI scripts at all. And one scenario--080.Second Lutterburg--opened with a beep, an empty map, and a message saying "Error reading file".
2. The game's notes state that D-rated units cannot change formation, and that (in order to model the period's linear tactics) infantry in column is almost useless in combat. Taking note of these points, I tried to create a scenario in the Editor (for myself to play against the AI), and was careful to place the AI's D-rated infantry in line formation. I then gave the AI's force some attack orders via the AI scripts menu option. But when I tested the scenario, the first thing the AI did was change its D-rated infantry from line into column! Thinking I may have made an error, I repeated the experiment, but got the same result. UPDATE: My mistake--the Notes refer to D-status (Disrupted) units, not D-rated.
3. Although the game says that it aims to replicate the period's linear tactics, AI brigades don't seem to (attempt to) move together in a block or cohesive line, but rather straggle across the map in isolated groups. At least, that's what happened in the scenario I tried to create.
4. And so, when playing against the AI, I tend to set up its forces on the defensive, in linear formation, with instructions not to initiate any moves at all (except perhaps a cavalry manoeuvre).
5. When playing "hotseat" mode against myself, I thought I would utilise the "command-and-control" function to alleviate the strain on my mouse-clicking hand by getting the AI to move the numerous units across the map. But this caused the game to malfunction (units & objectives disappeared off the map) and terminate almost immediately in the end-of-scenario results dialog.
11-15-2020, 04:10 AM,
Thank you for your input. Doesnt sound very tempting.
11-15-2020, 09:25 AM,
The reference to "D" units is not the quality rating, but that a Disrupted unit cannot change formation.
I'll check the 2nd Lutterberg and Kunersdorf arty issues.
11-15-2020, 01:11 PM,
I can confirm that the 080.Second Lutterburg cannot be edited with the mpedit program.

You get this message: error reading file.
11-15-2020, 02:00 PM,
yeah, I've replicated the problem. I'm working on it. Something odd popped up after I submitted it. We'll have it fixed for the next patch.