• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Empire - minor changes to V1.2 - nothing significant
09-02-2020, 12:49 AM,
Empire - minor changes to V1.2 - nothing significant
I have just started a game of Empire as the Allies and it's quite a blast.

A couple of players have asked me to address the issue of the potential of the second Japanese strike on Pearl Harbor. This obviously is not desirable and without having to introduce a house rule I have made the following minor amendments, the most important of which is to move back some of the submarines with reliable torpedoes to Pearl Harbor which can put to sea on the second turn. If you want this version of the game please let me know and I will send it to you directly. Obviously, as we go along in the game we will find odd hopefully minor things that need fixing.

V1.2 CHANGES
1.      Moved several of the S boats with reliable torpedoes back to Pearl Harbour. This is in case a Japanese player wants to engage in a game of hanging around Pearl Harbour. Especially tempting on a one day turn system. Will encourage the KB to leave the area generally.
2.      Removed the excess single aircraft from CA Dorsetshire, legacy from the RA 8.0.
3.      Slightly improved the morale of American fighters at Pearl Harbour. Slightly decreased the number of damaged aircraft, slightly improve the experience of some units. Again this is mainly aimed at reducing the chances of the second Japanese strike.
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2020, 04:44 AM,
RE: Empire - minor changes to V1.2 - nothing significant
(09-02-2020, 12:49 AM)cavalry corps Wrote: I have just started a game of Empire as the Allies and it's quite a blast.

A couple of players have asked me to address the issue of the potential of the second Japanese strike on Pearl Harbor. This obviously is not desirable and without having to introduce a house rule I have made the following minor amendments, the most important of which is to move back some of the submarines with reliable torpedoes to Pearl Harbor which can put to sea on the second turn. If you want this version of the game please let me know and I will send it to you directly. Obviously, as we go along in the game we will find odd hopefully minor things that need fixing.

V1.2 CHANGES
1.      Moved several of the S boats with reliable torpedoes back to Pearl Harbour. This is in case a Japanese player wants to engage in a game of hanging around Pearl Harbour. Especially tempting on a one day turn system. Will encourage the KB to leave the area generally.
2.      Removed the excess single aircraft from CA Dorsetshire, legacy from the RA 8.0.
3.      Slightly improved the morale of American fighters at Pearl Harbour. Slightly decreased the number of damaged aircraft, slightly improve the experience of some units. Again this is mainly aimed at reducing the chances of the second Japanese strike.

Full update 1.2 coming soon - actually nothing has been found that is serious ( mainly small issues from the original version RA 8.0), we have just added a few enhancements and tweaked a bit to make the game better for both sides - expect the new version soon. We have been playtesting the 1.1 as fast as practical.
01-12-2021, 12:56 AM,
RE: Empire - minor changes to V1.2 - nothing significant
I just wanted to let you all know that for those that are interested  1.2 version of this mod will be available shortly. This should be the final version. I would advise anyone interested to start playing to wait until we issue this variant. However if you really want to play 1.1 then that's fine. This new version will be scenario #43.

The main reason for the delay actually is that I wanted to do some actual proper play testing head to head with another player just getting over the first few months of the war which are critical.

There has been quite a lot of Chrome added and some interesting new and quirky ships. Mainly these fall into the obsolete category and it will be very interesting to see how players can use these obsolete ships and equipment in the early part of the war when everybody needs to adjust.

In addition we have slightly improved the allied defences to make it just a little bit more of a challenge for the Japanese in the first couple of months.

I really hope that you enjoy as I have spent far too much time on it. Luckily the lockdown has made this opportunity.