• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent Found ...7 Years War
08-25-2020, 09:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2020, 04:00 AM by devoncop.)
This Just In  Opponent Found ...7 Years War
Hi

Just getting into PBEM and looking for a turn based opponent for 7 years War .

Would rather be part of the struggle against the Prussians but can play Frederick's mob if necessary.

Ideally a medium to large scenario. I was thinking of Zorndorf but am totally flexible on this.

PM or e-mail me if interested ..... [email protected]

I am early retired so can usually play several turns a day but am happy with slower pace too.

All the best

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2020, 12:50 AM,
RE: Opponent wanted ...7 Years War
Greetings Ian,

I am very novice in the 7YW and M&P series, and looking to learn. I am quite experienced in other games. So if that sounds of interest, "On to Vienna!"

I would suggest the default options? Including manual Defensive fire? I will email you.

Steve
08-26-2020, 03:58 AM,
RE: Opponent wanted ...7 Years War
(08-26-2020, 12:50 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: Greetings Ian,

I am very novice in the 7YW and M&P series, and looking to learn.  I am quite experienced in other games.  So if that sounds of interest, "On to Vienna!"

I would suggest the default options? Including manual Defensive fire? I will email you.

Steve

I am happy with that Steve and will do phases if you prefer though it will extend the game time quite a bit but I am retired so it's no real problem for me.

I am also pretty new to the SYW JTS game so we can learn together !

Send me the scenario of your choice and we will get cracking....."On to Berlin!" 😁

All the best

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
08-26-2020, 05:53 AM,
RE: Opponent Found ...7 Years War
No one ever says "On to Hannover" or "On to Braunschweig" :P
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
08-27-2020, 12:13 AM,
(08-26-2020, 05:53 AM)Gary McClellan Wrote: No one ever says "On to Hannover" or "On to Braunschweig" :P

Always better to deal with the Organ Grinder rather  than the Monkey. Smile
09-07-2020, 07:33 AM,
Just curious, has anyone whom plays PBEM used a house rule to get the effects of phases with out playing with defensive fire on? Obviously the only purpose would be to get the effects without the xtra turns

So you would move all your troops, (including break down recoup skirmishers change formation, charging) then shoot, then conduct melee in that order with your entire force. I cannot think why it would not work but perhaps it would just be hard to remember to play that way, at least at first..