• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Smoke
08-23-2020, 10:16 AM,
Help  Smoke
Help for a newbie, please.

In Eagles Strike, several scenarios list a smoke limit of X in the "Command Report," but I don't find a tube, mortar or long barrel, that lists smoke as an option in the "Weapon Load Dialog." I'm in the Cust_EXP07.scn at the moment, but have come across this puzzling situation in at least one other scenario.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2020, 11:49 AM,
RE: Smoke
(08-23-2020, 10:16 AM)Wayfaring One Wrote: Help for a newbie, please.

In Eagles Strike, several scenarios list a smoke limit of X in the "Command Report," but I don't find a tube, mortar or long barrel, that lists smoke as an option in the "Weapon Load Dialog." I'm in the Cust_EXP07.scn at the moment, but have come across this puzzling situation in at least one other scenario.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

If it doesn't say you have so many smoke missions, you have none. That scenario has 10 for German only.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-24-2020, 04:35 AM,
(08-23-2020, 11:49 AM)Warhorse Wrote:

What am I missing?

Thanks.

If it doesn't say you have so many smoke missions, you have none. That scenario has 10 for German only.

Yes, the German has 10 missions, but I can find no Weapon Load Dialog for any German weapon that lets me use them. 

I'm assuming the GrW34 81mm mortar on the Sd.Kfz251/2 Schutzenpanzerwagen would be the most likely delivery tube for a smoke round. But when I select one of the halftracks and click on the 'bullet' button, I get no Weapons Load Dialog box. it's the same for the halftracks if I go up into the menu line and select Command/Select weapon Load. When I select any tank and click on the bullet, the Weapon Load Dialog box pops up and offers HE or AP options, but no smoke.

I've even looked for smoke delivery options at the squad level, figuring the G98 with rifle grenade might offer a way to put smoke in a hex. But the Weapon Load Dialog box for it only offers the ability to use the fragmentation grenade or to use the rifle without it.

What am I missing?

Thanks again!
08-24-2020, 07:53 AM,
(08-24-2020, 04:35 AM)Wayfaring One Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 11:49 AM)Warhorse Wrote:

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Yes, the German has 10 missions, but I can find no Weapon Load Dialog for any German weapon that lets me use them. 

I'm assuming the GrW34 81mm mortar on the Sd.Kfz251/2 Schutzenpanzerwagen would be the most likely delivery tube for a smoke round. But when I select one of the halftracks and click on the 'bullet' button, I get no Weapons Load Dialog box. it's the same for the halftracks if I go up into the menu line and select Command/Select weapon Load. When I select any tank and click on the bullet, the Weapon Load Dialog box pops up and offers HE or AP options, but no smoke.

I've even looked for smoke delivery options at the squad level, figuring the G98 with rifle grenade might offer a way to put smoke in a hex. But the Weapon Load Dialog box for it only offers the ability to use the fragmentation grenade or to use the rifle without it.

What am I missing?

Thanks again!
Sorry, I think they forgot to do that when they made the game? I am fixing all that in my upcoming mod, shouldn't be too much longer. This will be for AoTR though.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-24-2020, 11:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 12:30 PM by bigus.)

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Edit: Looks like I was looking at the wrong scenario.

I don't see any smoke capable units at all in this scenario.
Are we talking about the same scenario? I don't see any 81mm mortars or off board artillery in this scenario.
The units may have been removed over time and the message was never removed? 
Not sure.....

What was the other scenario?
08-25-2020, 06:24 AM,
(08-24-2020, 11:45 AM)bigus Wrote:

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Are we talking about the same scenario? I don't see any 81mm mortars or off board artillery in this scenario.
Not sure.....

Smoke loads are in the database, and the infantry 81mm mortar has it, just whoever forgot to assign it to the sdkfz 215/2 mortar version. Open up the editor for data, go to weapons, look up top where the weapons are listed in parenthesis for vehicle mounted. Select Grw-34, then edit, over in add loads, add in 81 SK/GW, then save, now it will work. You will probably need to restart the scenario.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-26-2020, 12:12 PM,
(08-25-2020, 06:24 AM)Warhorse Wrote:

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Not sure.....

Smoke loads are in the database, and the infantry 81mm mortar has it, just whoever forgot to assign it to the sdkfz 215/2 mortar version. Open up the editor for data, go to weapons, look up top where the weapons are listed in parenthesis for vehicle mounted. Select Grw-34, then edit, over in add loads, add in 81 SK/GW, then save, now it will work. You will probably need to restart the scenario.

Thanks a bunch! Thought I was missing something in the rules on how to use smoke. Glad to know it's just a data issue.
08-27-2020, 01:28 AM,
(08-26-2020, 12:12 PM)Wayfaring One Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 06:24 AM)Warhorse Wrote:

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Not sure.....

Thanks a bunch! Thought I was missing something in the rules on how to use smoke. Glad to know it's just a data issue.

You're very welcome!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue