• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
08-13-2021, 11:34 AM,
RE: Indragnir's mods: News, files, updates, teasers, bug fixing and ramblings.
(02-21-2021, 12:42 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 06:23 PM)Indragnir Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:53 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 02:25 AM)Elxaime Wrote: Greetings Indragnir!  Just thought I'd pop in to ask if there had been progress on Tazaaron's rework of D85 "Bolt from the Blue."  We had some fun with the version in D85 Gold, but last word was Taz was doing some more alterations.  Any update?

Months ago Aaron distributed a copy of "Bolt" version 10 to a handful of us for testing and comment. Version 10 is a major remake, and I think most people would really enjoy it. The map is something entirely new, and his approach to the scenario is something new and fresh. I commented on a few mistakes in the unit graphics, and played a few turns solo. I have no idea what the other testers have done or are doing, and I haven't heard from Aaron in months now.

I hope Bolt v.10 gets released publicly soon. For the map alone it's worth having IMHO.

I can't/won't go into more detail, since I'm not sure whether Aaron would like that or not, and as I say, it's been awhile since I've had any contact anyway.

Same here. No news since mid November. The mod is essentially done (but for art I think?). I suggested to him some small changes but no reply from him yet.

I agree, besides needing just a few new pieces of unit art, it's ready. I substituted a few of my own as place holders in my test copy so I wouldn't have to look at blanks.

I especially liked the helicopter innovation that makes it a better game. Then there's the reworked map, which I would like to see used for all of the stock scenarios in the future.

For my part, I'm thinking of adapting the new map to the 1973 and 1976 OOBs I've been working on over the years. I guess that will have to be for private use, at least till 10.0 gets put out there. It's Aaron's baby, and his call.

I really hope Aaron is OK, and comes back soon, releasing the new scenario to the public, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Hi all -  It had been awhile, so I thought I would touch base again on this and see if Aaron had resurfaced.  He does great work and would love to see the results of his Bolt from the Blue revision labors.  But understand completely if that isn't possible.
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2021, 11:56 PM,
(08-13-2021, 11:34 AM)Elxaime Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:53 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 02:25 AM)Elxaime Wrote: Greetings Indragnir!  Just thought I'd pop in to ask if there had been progress on Tazaaron's rework of D85 "Bolt from the Blue."  We had some fun with the version in D85 Gold, but last word was Taz was doing some more alterations.  Any update?

Months ago Aaron distributed a copy of "Bolt" version 10 to a handful of us for testing and comment. Version 10 is a major remake, and I think most people would really enjoy it. The map is something entirely new, and his approach to the scenario is something new and fresh. I commented on a few mistakes in the unit graphics, and played a few turns solo. I have no idea what the other testers have done or are doing, and I haven't heard from Aaron in months now.

I hope Bolt v.10 gets released publicly soon. For the map alone it's worth having IMHO.

I can't/won't go into more detail, since I'm not sure whether Aaron would like that or not, and as I say, it's been awhile since I've had any contact anyway.

Same here. No news since mid November. The mod is essentially done (but for art I think?). I suggested to him some small changes but no reply from him yet.

I agree, besides needing just a few new pieces of unit art, it's ready. I substituted a few of my own as place holders in my test copy so I wouldn't have to look at blanks.

I especially liked the helicopter innovation that makes it a better game. Then there's the reworked map, which I would like to see used for all of the stock scenarios in the future.

For my part, I'm thinking of adapting the new map to the 1973 and 1976 OOBs I've been working on over the years. I guess that will have to be for private use, at least till 10.0 gets put out there. It's Aaron's baby, and his call.

I really hope Aaron is OK, and comes back soon, releasing the new scenario to the public, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Hi all -  It had been awhile, so I thought I would touch base again on this and see if Aaron had resurfaced.  He does great work and would love to see the results of his Bolt from the Blue revision labors.  But understand completely if that isn't possible.
I haven't heard or seen anything since I last posted in February. Unless Aaron is doing something secret and under seal for JTS/WDS involving Bolt, I'm beginning to think it's over. Too bad if that's so.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
08-14-2021, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 05:05 AM by Indragnir.)
(08-13-2021, 11:56 PM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:53 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote: Months ago Aaron distributed a copy of "Bolt" version 10 to a handful of us for testing and comment. Version 10 is a major remake, and I think most people would really enjoy it. The map is something entirely new, and his approach to the scenario is something new and fresh. I commented on a few mistakes in the unit graphics, and played a few turns solo. I have no idea what the other testers have done or are doing, and I haven't heard from Aaron in months now.

I haven't heard or seen anything since I last posted in February. Unless Aaron is doing something secret and under seal for JTS/WDS involving Bolt, I'm beginning to think it's over. Too bad if that's so.

No news from him.
The whole 10.0 was because I contacted him asking for permission to continue evolving the 5.3. Then he reappeared and evolved the mod to 10.0
To this point if he doesn't get in contact I will take the "beta", will add some of my ideas and research, will look for the missing art and eventually will release a mod not named BOTB 10.0 but heavily based upon BOTB 10.0 for the players to play it.
If he answers and he's ready to finish it I will let you know.
08-14-2021, 11:07 AM,
(08-14-2021, 04:05 AM)Indragnir Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 06:23 PM)Indragnir Wrote: Same here. No news since mid November. The mod is essentially done (but for art I think?). I suggested to him some small changes but no reply from him yet.

No news from him.
The whole 10.0 was because I contacted him asking for permission to continue evolving the 5.3. Then he reappeared and evolved the mod to 10.0
To this point if he doesn't get in contact I will take the "beta", will add some of my ideas and research, will look for the missing art and eventually will release a mod not named BOTB 10.0 but heavily based upon BOTB 10.0 for the players to play it.
At this point I'm not sure that I actually care whether or not he answers OR finishes 10.0. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and some of the innovations planned were worthwhile for sure. The revised map really deserved to get some use.

IF Aaron ever resurfaces and completes things, fine. If not, well nothing really was lost anyway, and to be honest he never "owed" anyone anything.  People like you who are willing to pick it up and see it through to completion I think are the future of the Bolt concept. I really do hope you're successful. The Blitz Forums are full of grandiose plans and super scenarios that were all well intentioned but never came to fruition. I'm guilty of that myself!
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
08-15-2021, 06:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 06:37 PM by Indragnir.)
(08-14-2021, 11:07 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 04:05 AM)Indragnir Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 12:42 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote: I agree, besides needing just a few new pieces of unit art, it's ready. I substituted a few of my own as place holders in my test copy so I wouldn't have to look at blanks.

No news from him.
At this point I'm not sure that I actually care whether or not he answers OR finishes 10.0. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and some of the innovations planned were worthwhile for sure. The revised map really deserved to get some use.

IF Aaron ever resurfaces and completes things, fine. If not, well nothing really was lost anyway, and to be honest he never "owed" anyone anything.  People like you who are willing to pick it up and see it through to completion I think are the future of the Bolt concept. I really do hope you're successful. The Blitz Forums are full of grandiose plans and super scenarios that were all well intentioned but never came to fruition. I'm guilty of that myself!

You can bet. Finishing what I start is my second name, hahaha. So far I've completed 11 revision of grand campaigns (3 unrelased yet). Maybe it took me more or less time but you can bet if Aaron doesn't resurface you will see a WW II - Hot War - Armaggedon 1989 scenario for sure (tentantive names)
08-15-2021, 06:36 PM,
From Bulge posting:

@2-81 Armor
OOB US naming conventions -> yes please, care to elaborate a complete list for Bulge?

@Ian

No alternate rules, not even Assault Resolution. By this time of war Infantry could (and did) destroy dozen of tanks if they could be engaged in no open fields. SS-12.PzD at the twin villages suffered horrible casualties to GI's. German PzGr with their rocket AT weapons were credited with very high destruction numbers.
Leave your tanks unsupported and infantry from both sides will have an impact on your armor.

Alternative Indirect/Direct are, to me, for very specific tittle where boths sides are quite weak on infantry strength (btls with less than 300 men in 300 turns campaign won't last) or the defending side is way weaker than the attacker.
As you said "Unfortunately as John (Green) has pointed out the formula used for calculating losses is a bit flawed and needs tweaking" it causes way to much damage against crowded stacks so it can't be applied to any game.
Direct fire is a more open choice.
08-16-2021, 11:30 AM,
(08-15-2021, 06:36 PM)Indragnir Wrote: From Bulge posting:

@2-81 Armor
OOB US naming conventions -> yes please, care to elaborate a complete list for Bulge?

@Ian

No alternate rules, not even Assault Resolution. By this time of war Infantry could (and did) destroy dozen of tanks if they could be engaged in no open fields. SS-12.PzD at the twin villages suffered horrible casualties to GI's. German PzGr with their rocket AT weapons were credited with very high destruction numbers.
Leave your tanks unsupported and infantry from both sides will have an impact on your armor.

Alternative Indirect/Direct are, to me, for very specific tittle where boths sides are quite weak on infantry strength (btls with less than 300 men in 300 turns campaign won't last) or the defending side is way weaker than the attacker.
As you said "Unfortunately as John (Green) has pointed out the formula used for calculating losses is a bit flawed and needs tweaking" it causes way to much damage against crowded stacks so it can't be applied to any game.
Direct fire is a more open choice.

I sent you a private message about the Bulge unit naming conventions.
10-05-2021, 12:34 AM,
Updated Korea to 1.00b. Replacements were set to 0 in the pdt now they are working properly.
Thank @unonimus for the catch.

Bulge is coming along nicely. A lot has been done, still some time ahead.
10-05-2021, 01:51 AM,
This is the list of new art I asked David for Stalingrad.

Axis

German
Selle, Adam, Schimidt and Heilmann need NATO symbol on the rigth become KG instead of Regiment.
HQ Krad.Btl. (moto)
HQ PzJg.Btl. (moto)
HQ PzJg.Btl. (moto)
KGr. HQ (moto) [generic art for all KG]
Aircraft barrells down [Static] [landed aircrafts positioned to fire their guns at land targets]
Ost Bau Kp (foot)
Cossacks (horse)
Cossacks HW (horse) [More Heavy Weapons than standard]
Cossacks (mot) (moto)
Estoniches Sch. (foot) [Estonian Police] [47 Iron Crosses gained at the Chir River for a unit of 447 men.]
Aufk Kp (HT-Krad) (soft Half-track) [a mixed unit of motorcycle and Haff-tracks]
42 Alarm Kp (foot) [Only light weapons]
42 Alarm Kp HW- (foot) [Half Heavy Weapons of a Grenadier unit]
42 Alarm Kp HW (foot) [As many Heavy Weapons as a Grenadier unit]
42 Alarm Kp HW-AT+ (foot) [Half Heavy Weapons of a Grenadier unit + superior AT capabilities]
42 Alarm Kp HW (mot-) (moto) [Partially Motorized, as many HW than a Grenadier unit]
42 Marsch Kp (foot) [March formations]
42 Marsch Kp (mot) (moto) [March formations]
42 Mix Marsch HW- (mot) (moto) [Half Heavy Weapons of a Grenadier unit]
42 Ost Sich (mot) (moto) [Hiwis security-police on trucks]
42 Ost Sich (foot)
42 Ost Sich HW (foot) [As above and more Heavy Weapons than standard]
42 Sich Kp (mot) (moto) [security-police on trucks]
42 Sich Kp (Bcy) (bicycle)
42 Pioneer Kp (HW-) (foot) [Half Heavy Weapons of a Pio. Unit]
42 Pioneer Kp (HT) (half-track)
42 Pz Gren Kp (HT) (half-track)
42 Pz Gren Kp HT HW (half-track) [More heavy weapons than standard PzGr]
42 Pz Gren Kp (HT--) (half-track) [reduced movement because of not enough SPW]
42 Pz Gren Kp HW (moto) [More heavy weapons than standard PzGr]
42 Pz Gren Kp (foot) (foot)
42 Sturm Pioneer (mot) (moto) [Assault Pio.]
7.5cm le.IG (mot) (moto) [Infantry Gun]
7.5-15cm IG (mot) (moto) [Infantry Guns]
7.5-15cm IG (hs) (horse) [Infantry Guns]
15cm sIG (hs) (horse) [Infantry Gun]
15cm sIG (mot) (moto) [Infantry Gun]
120mm mortar (hs) (horse)
120mm mortar (mot) (S) (moto)
10.5 cm GebH 40 (horse)
10.5cm leFH 16(f) (hs) (horse) [french guns]
122mm captured (hs) (horse) [Artillery]
15cm+8.8cm (hs) (horse) [8.8cm flak employed as artillery+15cm art gun]
s.Wurfgerät 41 (moto) [rockets on a six canister frame atop of an artillery carriage]
3.7cm AT+2cm Flak (motorized)
3.7cm+AT Rifle ® (hs) (horse) [AT rifles captured]
3.7cm+4.5cm ® AT (hs) (horse)
45mm Pak® Kp (moto) [russian captured]
50mm Pak+2.8cm AT (moto) [2.8cm s.PzB 41]
50mm Pak Kp (hs) (horse)
75mm pak97-38 (moto)
7.5cm Pak 40+8.8cm Flak (moto)
8.8cm+2cm F+3.7cm AT (horse)
mixed (s-m)Pak Kp (moto) [heavy and medium AT guns]
mixed (m)Pak Kp (S) (moto) [medium AT guns]
mixed (l-m)Pak Kp (S) (moto) [light and medium AT guns]
s.PzSpah Kp (mixed) (Arm Cars) [only heavy ACs]
Mixed ligth tanks (tracked) [Captured and germans ones]
Mixed tanks (tracked) [Captured and germans ones]
PzIV(lg)+PzIII(lg) Kp (tracked)
PzIII(kz) + PzIV(lg) Kp (tracked) [Kurz 75mm, not 37mm]
PzIII(kz) + PzIV(kz) Kp (tracked) [Kurz 75mm]
PzIII(kz+lg)+PzIV(lg) (tracked)
PzIII(kz)+PzIV(lg) 11PzD (tracked) [11. Panzer Division]
PzIII(lg) Kp 11PzD (tracked) [11. Panzer Division]
PzII (tracked)
Pz II+Pz III 37mm (tracked)
PzIII(kz+37mm)+PzIV(kz) (tracked)
StuG IIIF+E Bty (tracked)
s.IG 33 auf Pz III (tracked)
Flakvierling 38 (soft Half-track)
FlakPanzer I (tracked)
8.8cm Flak 18 (vomag) (Hard Halftrk) [Vomag Carriage]
3.7cm Flak (mot) (moto) AA Guns

Luftwaffe
Pickert (moto)
KGr. HQ (moto) [generic art for all KG]
42 Alarm Kp (foot) [Only light weapons]
42 MG Inf Kp (mot-) (Moto) [Machine gunners]
42 Jager HW Kp (foot) [More Heavy Weapons than standard]
42 Jager Kp (HW--) (foot) [few Heavy Weapons]
42 Jager Kp (mot) (moto)
45mm Pak® Kp (moto) [russian captured]
8.8cm+2cm Flak (hs) (horse)
8.8cm Fk+4.5cm® AT (moto)
5cm+3.7cm Flak 36 (mot) (moto) [5cm Flak Guns]
7.5cm-8.8cm+2cm Flak (hs) (horse) [Pak 40+8.8cm+2cm AA]
mixed (s-m)Pak Kp (moto) [heavy and medium AT guns]
5cm Flak (mot) (moto)
20mm Fla-MG (moto) [Described as Flak Machine guns]

Romanian
HQ Regt (moto) [Intended for Infantry, Cavalry and tank regt]
HQ Btl (moto)
37mm+47mm AT (horse)
45mm M42 AT (horse) [russian AT captured]
47mm AT kp (hs) (horse)
75mm pak97-38 hs (horse)
76.2mm® Pak (hs) (horse) [russian AT captured]
Rum Recon (cav-mot-) (horse) [a mixed unit with some trucks and horses]
Rum Recon (mot-) (moto)
42 Rum Pio Kp (hs) (horse)
42 Rum Mot MG Kp (moto) [Heavy Machine Guns]
42 Rum Inf Kp+ (foot) [More Heavy Weapons than standard infantry]
20mm AA (mot) (moto) [AA Guns]
37mm AA (hs) (horse) [AA Guns]
75mm Vickers (hs) (horse) [AA Guns]
120mm mortar (hs) (horse)
76.2mm® Art (hs) (horse) [russian artillery captured]
PzIVg+PzIIIn (tracked)
T-70 Captured (tracked)

Soviet

Russian
HQ Tank Brigade (moto)
Cavalry Regt HW+ (horse) [More Heavy Weapons than standard]
Cavalry Regt -HW-AT-AW (horse) [Less Heavy weapons, AT rifles and assault weapns than standard]
Cavalry Regt -HW-AW (horse) [Less Heavy weapons and assault weapns than standard]
42 Cav Sapper (horse)
42 Cav Recon (horse)
42 Recon Co (moto)
42 Recon Co (bcy) (Bicycle)
42 Special Eng Miner (motorized) [Assault infantery, the origins of the spetsnaz]
Minelayer Eng. Bn (moto)
SMG+ATR Mot Rifle Bn (moto) [more SMG and AT rifles than standard moto. rifle bn]
SMG+ATR Mot Rifle Bn (foot) [more SMG and AT rifles than standard moto. rifle bn]
76mm Gun+120mm Mor. (horse)
120mm M38 Mortar (hs) (horse)
45mm M42 AT (mot)+ATR (moto) [guns and AT rifles]
KV-1+T-34 Flame (tracked) [Flamethrowers]
KV-1 Flame (tracked) [Flamethrowers]
KV-1+T34 (tracked)
KV-1S (tracked) [Lighter and less armored KV-1]
Valentine III (tracked)
T-60+T-26 (Tracked)
T-34 mine rollers (Tracked)
AA-MG+37mm 61-K (mot) (moto) [12.7 AA MG+37mm]
BA-10-64 (Arm. Car) [Mixed BA-10/64]
76mm M27 (hs) (horse) [regimental short gun]
Gunboat (Naval) [T-34 turrets]

Russian Guards
HQ Tank Brigade (moto)
76mm Gun+120mm Mor. (horse)
KV-1+T34 (tracked)
76mm M27 (hs) (horse)
42 Gds Recon Co (motorized)
T-60 (tracked)
Gds Cavalry Regt -HW-AT-AW (horse) [Less heavy weapons, AT rifles and assault weapns than standard]
42 Gds Cavalry SMG Sqn (horse)
42 Gds Cav Sapper (horse)
42 Gds Cav Recon (horse)

As you can see that's a huge number...

I wll post Tunisian one later. (Bulge OOB is not finished yet)
10-05-2021, 01:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 05:10 AM by Indragnir.)
Tunisia'43 new art.

Axis

LW
Pz-IVf2
Marder II
8.8cm Flak 41 (Mot)
43 Sich Kp (Foot)

German
HQ Gr Regt (Foot)
HQ Pz Regt (Mot)
HQ Pz Gr Regt (Mot)
HQ Recon Btl (Mot)
10cm K 18+15cm sFH 18 (Mot)
sFH 18+155mm(fr) (Mot)
4.5 in(e) (Mot) (captured 4.5" guns)
Stuart (Captured)
Sdkfz 234 Puma (Armored Car)
Sdkfz 231 (Armored Car)
SdKfz 7/1 Q2cm Flak (HT)
43 Pio Bau Kp (Mot)
43 Pio Bau Kp (arabs) (Mot)
43 Pio Bru Kp (mot) (bridge engineers)
43 Sich Kp (Foot)
Forw.Observs+HW Pit (Abstract STATIC units simulating the advantage of forward observer in the heights directing artillery fire way beyond 5 hexes visibility and the numerous HW pits firing from high to low ground.)
Forw.Observs+Art (Same as above but simulating longer range artillery fire)

French-Vichy
HQ Gr.Regt (Foot)

Italian
HQ Regt Fanteria (Mot)
43 Flamethrower Co (Foot)
43 Para Co (Foot)
43 MG+Mortar Co (Mot)
43 Bersaglieri Co (AB41) (Bersaglieri using turretless AB41 as APC, a very singular unit)
43 Rifle Co (MC) (Motorcycle)
20mm Soluthurn AT rifles (Mot)
76/40 art (Mot)
French 20mm+75mm (Used as dual role AT and AA)

Allies

British
General Alexander (Mot)

Indian
Br Mot Inf Coy (Mot)
17-pdr AT (Mot)

New Zeeland
17-pdr AT (Mot)

Free-French
47mm AT (Mot)
Somua 35 (Tracked)
Mixed tanks (Tracked)